1. Next Sunday , May 21st we will have Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 9 am. Please note this service time change and is due to the Diocesan exam of the Sunday school students scheduled to start at 12 pm.
2. Youth Fellowship Announcements
The youths are distributing roses to all mothers attending service today. Please receive your roses from the foyer right after the service.
The RYC conference registration is now full. But, if anyone is still interested in signing up and registering, please check on our website for registering on the waiting list. Those who have registered will receive an email notification about information about the conference.
From Everest Thomas, Youth Fellowship Secretary
3. Picnic Sponsorship Invitation
As announced earlier, the Church Picnic committee is seeking sponsors for the church picnic scheduled on Saturday, August 26. Only Diamond and Gold Sponsorships are available now. We have already received the Platinum (Main Sponsor) sponsorship.
The preference will be given to church members or business owners from our church.
For details please contact Picnic coordinator Baiju Thomas at 416 528 2986 or Church Trustee Mathew C Samuel. The allotment will be on first come first served basis.
4. Fasting Prayer held on Wednesday, May 17th at 10:30 am via Google Meet.
5. Edavaka Mission Prayer Meeting and Chain Prayer
Thank you to all, who attended the in-person prayer meeting on Friday, May 12. A special thank you to Mr. Thomas Oommen (Kunjukunju & Leelamma) for their gracious hospitality.
This week, we will resume our weekly online Edavaka Mission Prayer Meeting on Friday, May 19, 2023 at 8 pm via Google Meet. Prayerfully requesting everyone to join us for the prayer meeting.
Chain Prayer will be held on Saturday, from 6 am to 6 pm.
From Mrs.Sunitha Alexander, Edavaka Mission Secretary.
6. Area Prayer Meeting - An Area-3 Prayer meeting will be held today at the residence of Mr. Varghese Olipattu & Mrs. Aleyamma Olipattu at 5 PM.
All Area-3 prayer group members are requested to attend this meeting prayerfully.
From Baiju Thomas, Area-3 Prayer Group Representative.
7. Sunday School Announcement
Dear parents and students, SS Diocesan exam will be held at 12 noon on Sunday, May 21, 2023.
Students should be seated in the basement hall at 11:45 am. All students who are writing the exam are requested to be in church by 11 am.
God's blessings be on our students who are writing the exam.
2) SS classes for 2022-23 academic year will end on May 28, 2023.
3) VBS 2023 registration will start on June 4.
From Praveen Thomas, Sunday School Secretary
8. Yuvajana Sakhyam Announcement
There will be a Young Family Fellowship meeting as part of Yuvajana Sakhyam immediately after the church service on May 21st 2023. All Young Families, Yuvajana Sakhyam members and new comers are welcomed to the meeting.
From Bibin Mathew,Yuvajana Sakhyam Secretary
9. Spring Cleaning Event
Is scheduled on Saturday, May 27th from 10 am. All parish members are requested to participate in our efforts to clean our church premises and to plant beautiful plants around the church.
10. Birth Announcement
Our Area-1 prayer group members Mr. Samel Mathew & Mrs. Merline Abraham were blessed with a baby boy, JOSHUA SAMEL on 09th May 2023.
JOSHUA SAMEL is the sibling of Ms. Evalyn Samel, the grandson of Mr. Parayil Daniel Mathew & Mrs. Sano Mathew and our Area-1 prayer group members Mr. Abraham Vadekkedath & Mrs. Omana John (Area - 1) and the nephew of Mr. Melvin Abraham (Area - 1).
Congratulations Parents and to the dear ones !!
The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of Mr. NALIN PATEL (70 yrs) the father of our Area-5 member Mrs. Parul Manoj, (w/o Mr. Manoj Kompithra) who passed away in Bilaspur, Chattisgarh, India on May 12, 2023.
Let us uphold Mr. Manoj, Mrs. Parul, Mr. Yoel & Mr. Yohan in fervent prayers to be strengthened with peace while in bereavement.
12. Mr. Abraham Varghese (Teemon) & family has sponsored snacks for all of us today and they will be distributed in the foyer after the service. All are requested to collect your packets.
Thanks Abraham Varghese and family for your generosity and good heart and arranging snack for all of us today.