Announcements for Sunday March 07th. 2021
1. Next Sunday, March 14th, 2021 we will have holy communion service at 10am in English. As per the new guidelines issued by the York region, we are allowing up to 50 members residing in York and Durham regions to attend the service by following all the COVID protocols including social distancing and face mask. Those who registered must arrive in the church by 9.30 AM to undergo Screening process. Please stay at home if you have any symptoms or have traveled outside Canada in the past 14 days. Those who are interested must register their names in the google form that will be emailed next week by Saturday 9AM.
2. As per the Kalpana DC/061/2021 of our Diocesan Episcopa, this Sunday March 7, 2021 is observing as the diocesan Sunday, we will use the special worship order in the next Sunday to commemorate our diocese in our prayers. the expected amount from our parish is $5220.
3. The weekly prayer meeting will be on Tuesday and lent prayer meetings will begin to start every day from Wednesday March 10th and this will be live streamed via YouTube. There will be a fasting prayer on Wednesday March10th at 10.30AM via google meet. The details will send via email. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
4. Senior fellowship Announcement: We will have our monthly meeting on Thursday March 11th at 5PM via zoom. Rev. Moncy Varghese will be the main speaker for the day. Request all senior fellowship members to attend the meeting prayerfully. The zoom link to join the meeting will follow.
5. Sevika Sanghom Announcement: Our Sevika Sanghom is arranging a Toonie/ gift card drive to support the food bank during this great lent period. Donation box is available at the Church Info. Desk. Please contact Mrs. Julie Varghese or Mrs. Shanthi Sonu JoJo for more details.
6. Youth fellowship Announcement: The youth group is in the process of updating the email mailing list for 2021. If you are between the ages of 13-35 and not already part of the list, please send an email to email@example.com. You may also reach out to Arun, the current youth secretary at 647-677-0180 to receive future updates. Our executive team has been working to plan several exciting events for the year. We look forward to having you join us in fellowship.
7. Thank you note from Mr. Charles Philip:
On behalf of Samuel Philip's family, I want to thank the members of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church for all the help provided for dad's funeral. Firstly, we want to thank the achens for overseeing the service and providing a meaningful message. Secondly thanks to the Canadian Mar Thoma church choir for recording songs for the services. Lastly thanks to the executive committee and members of the church for their support in attending and facilitating the viewings and services with sanitation, tech support and use of the building during COVID. The love of the church members was on full demonstration to those in person and online. Thank you for a wonderful and fitting funeral for dad. It is very much appreciated.