Announcements for Sunday December 27th, 2020.
1. Wedding Bann.
2. Notice of the CMRC carol service.
3. Next Sunday, January3rd 2021 we will have Divine service at 10am in Malayalam. Due to the current escalation of the pandemic situation and the restrictions announced by the provincial government the executive committee of our parish decided to limit the in-person participation in the service to 10 numbers until further notice.
4. The weekly prayer meetings will be on Tuesday and Thursday. Time for Thursday prayer meeting will be at 7.30PM to 8.30 PM. This will be a sharing session. The details will send via email. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
5. Watch night service and Holy Communion: Friday December 31st at 10 PM we will have watch night service followed by Holy communion in Malayalam. Rev. Shaji Thomas, Vicar, St. Thomas MarThoma Church, Aluva will be the main speaker. This will be available in our regular YouTube channel. Please attend prayerfully.
Watchnight & New year service in Malayalam will be live streamed from Sinai MarThoma centre New York on December 31st at 11PM. The Holy communion will be celebrated by Rt. Rev. Dr. Isaac Mar Philoxenos Episcopa. Those who are interested may please use the you Tube channel of the Marthoma Media.
6. Area 2 Prayer meeting: There will be an area 2 prayer meeting through google meet on Saturday, January 2nd, 2021. The prayer group representative for the year 2021 will be elected during this meeting. All area 2 Prayer group members are requested to attend.
7. Area 1 Prayer meeting: There will be an area 1 prayer meeting through google meet on Saturday, January 09th, 2021. The prayer group representative for the year 2021 will be elected during this meeting. All area 1 Prayer group members are requested to attend.
8. A sincere thanks to all our beloved members who contributed generously to the Swanthvanam project initiated by our Yuvajana Sakhyam.
9. NOTICE FROM YUVAJANA SAKHYAM; The Yuvajana Sakhyam is planning to collect $25 or up from The Canadian Marthoma Church Members to Support the mission work of Uppada Mission who are severely affected by the corona virus pandemic. The Yuvajana Sakhyam members will be delivering a Canadian made Plum Cake and a Bible reading planner for 2021 to those who have contributed, as a thank you gesture from Dec 28th to 30th 2020. Last date of receiving the donation will be on December 27th,2020. Please send your contribution to email@example.com.
Uppada Mission Complex, Chungathara. Here we have mainly two projects; Karunalayam old age home & halfway home (a Psycho. Social rehabilitation center) Nearly 30 inmates are here now. Last year flood and landslides had happened near to us (Kavalappara). Many our nearby parishes are affected by the disaster. So, there is lot of difficulties in the smooth running of the Institution. This year again due to covid-19 we are facing financial crisis. I know that all are going through difficult situation. Yet if you can help us it will be a great support to the inmates and the institution.
10. 2020 Contributions Deadline Reminder by Trustees: We would like to remind everyone that the deadline for this year’s contributions is 31st December 2020 and contributions that are received from 1st January 2021, will be accounted in the 2021 contribution. Please send the contributions at the earliest either by E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or EFT or mail or hand-in the cheques or cash.
11. Obituary: It is with deep sadness that we inform you of the sad demise of Mrs. Chinnamma Cherian, 92 years, mother of our member Bapu Cherian (Bapu & Jessy) and sister-in-law of Mrs. Kunjamma Ninan on Monday December 21st in Kerala. The funeral was held on Tuesday December 22nd at 12 at Christ MarThoma Church, Olavakkodu, Palakkad, Kerala.
We, The Canadian Mar Thoma Church family express our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.
We wish you all a blessed 2021. May God bless us all.