Announcements for Sunday December 06th 2020.
1. Circular no.1
2. Circular no.2
3. Circular from the Metropolitan
5. Notice of the Diocesan convention
6. Next Sunday 13th of December 2020 we will not have Divine service at our church due to the diocesan convention. December 20th we will have divine service at 10 am in Malayalam. Due to the current escalation of the pandemic situation and the restrictions announced by the provincial government the executive committee of our parish decided to limit the in-person participation in the service to 10 numbers until further notice.
7. The weekly prayer meetings will be on Tuesday and Friday. The details will send via email. Rev. Fr. Blesson will be the main speaker for Tuesday and Rev. P.P. Kuruvilla will be the speaker for Friday. Please join prayerfully. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
8. Senior’s fellowship meeting: Our regular senior fellowship meeting through zoom will be on Thursday December 10th at 5PM. Dr. Rustom Sethna, MD,FRCPC, Chief, Department of Psychiatry, Markham Stouffville Hospital will lead a session based on the topic Mental health in Seniors. This will be followed by various Christmas programs of our members.
9. Sevika Sanghom Announcement: We will be having a family motivational session arranged by our Sevika Sanghom on Thursday December 17th at 7.30PM via Google meet. Mrs. Preena Mathew, Lecturer in Clinical Psychology, MarThoma college of special education, Kasaragod and wife of Rev. Mathew Samuel, Director of MarThoma college of special education, Kasaragod will be the main speaker. This will be an open session for all our members. More details will follow.
To support our community and commemorate the joy of giving this festive season, Sevika Sanghom is arranging a charity drive by asking for donations like Non-Perishable food items with a minimum of 6month expiry ,unused clothes and new toys.
We request you to drop the items off at the church foyer in the next two weeks.
10. Diocesan youth leadership conference will be on January 8th and 9th via zoom. Last date of registration will be December 13th.
11. Virtual H2H carol: Due to the present escalation in COVID cases, the executive committee decided to cancel the in person H2H caroling but to reach out our members with Christmas greetings, the committee decided to arrange a H2H carol through virtual platform. This will begin on December 05th up to December20 and it will be a 20minute slot per family and virtual clubbing is also possible. Please check your email for detailed information. Request you all to please sign up the sheets for a virtual caroling. George Mathew Madackal and Alex P. Alexander will be the coordinators.
12. Virtual Christmas carol: This year’s Christmas carol will be arranged virtually, on December 19th. More details will follow.
13. NOTICE FROM YUVAJANA SAKHYAM; SANTHWANAM, a food care project of The Canadian Marthoma Church Yuvajana Sakhyam. The Yuvajana Sakhyam is planning to collect $25 or up from The Canadian Marthoma Church Members to help the less fortunate in Kerala who are severely affected by the corona virus pandemic. The Yuvajana Sakhyam members will be delivering a Canadian made Plum Cake to those who have contributed as a thank you gesture from Dec 21st to 23rd 2020. The Yuvajana Sakhyam is Requesting you all to participate for this good cause. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Shiju Mathew at 647 896 4181 and can send in your contribution to email@example.com.
14. Obituaries: It is with deep sadness that we inform you of the sad demise of Mrs. Thankamma Mathew 83 years, grand mother of our member Arun Cherian, (Arun and Dona) and aunty of Mr. Shinu Jacob ( Shinu and Simi) on Friday morning at Kumplampoika,Kerala. The funeral will be on Wednesday December 09th at Salem MTC, Kumplampoika,Kerala.
15. It is with deep sadness that we inform you of the sad demise of Mrs. Mercy Mathew,63 years, Sister in law of our members Icy Samuel (Kunjumon and Icy) and Jessy Jacob ( Reji and Jessy) at Dubai. The funeral will be on Monday December 07th at Dubai.
May the Almighty God comfort all the bereaved ones with his everlasting peace.
We, The Canadian Mar Thoma Church members express our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. Please uphold them all in your prayers.