1) Announcements, Sunday, August 23, 2020
Next Sunday, August 29, 2020 we will be having our divine service in Malayalam at 10:00am. First 100 Members from Area 5, Area 6 & Area 7 will be permitted to attend the service in person. A link for online registration will be sent to all. Members of Area 5, 6 & 7 need to respond if interested to join in church for the service.
As mentioned earlier, We will be following the COVID-19 Protocol for religious & public gatherings, as mandated by the Province of Ontario, jointly with the York Region, to facilitate the safest possible return to worshipping indoors at the church.
As a church, we have taken the following steps towards safety:
- Increased the cleaning and sanitization of high-touch surfaces and washrooms
- Implemented crowd-controlling markings and arrows to direct flow
- Limited access to church facilities by closing access to all unnecessary rooms and spaces in the building and limit to one washroom for men and one for women
- Modified the worship service to accommodate COVID protocols (such as altering how the offertory is collected, kiss of peace is administered etc.)
- Implemented pre-screening questions, temperature checks, and socially distanced seating within the sanctuary
- Stopped serving food and beverages in the church facility
We also ask that you as worshippers to follow the following rules to maintain safety in the highest level possible:
- All individuals MUST wear a mask indoors, (with exceptions provided to young children below the age of 3 and those that have respiratory problems)
- All individuals MUST sanitize and clean their hands upon entering the building
- All individuals MUST maintain social distancing rules within the building
- All individuals MUST limit unnecessary movement in and around the sanctuary and the foyer. Please follow the arrows that will direct the movement of people
- All individuals MUST wipe high touch surfaces with the provided disinfectant wipes before/after using the washrooms
2) Program schedule for Week 35
- We will be having our online prayer secession every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 8pm.
- We will be having our Chain Prayer every Tuesday & Saturday from 6am onwards
I will be sending out an email with all details.
3) Election of Prayer Group Representatives
A notice is hereby given for the election of prayer group representatives of Area 6 & 7 on August 30th, 2020 at our church after the divine service. Request all prayer group members to attend prayerfully.
DC 307 2020 Re-opening of Churches for Worship
5) Sevika Sangham Announcement
Sevika Sanghom is doing a virtual choir and encourage all the members to participate. Please contact Sevika Sangham Secretary Lini Mathew for further details.
6) Edavaka Mission & Sevika Sanghom Announcement
There will be a prayer vigil organized by Edavaka Mission and Sevika Sanghom on Sunday, August 30, 2020 at the church at 7:30 pm. It is a time of intercessory prayer, singing and sharing experience. All Edavaka Mission and Sevika Sanghom members are welcome. Please attend prayerfully.
The usual Covid -19 Protocols for the worship service will be followed at the entrance and inside the sanctuary.The programme will also be live streamed.
On behalf of Edavaka Mission and Sevika Sanghom,
Alexander Philip & Lini Mathew
7) Sunday School Announcements
There will be a student's dedication service held on Sunday, August 30, 2020. All students are requested to participate from your respective locations, this will be a part of the Sunday divine service live broadcast.
8) Yuvajana Sakhyam Announcement
Yuvajana Sakhyam & Young Family’s will be having a Prayer Meeting at our church today, August 23rd at 5pm.The main speaker for this meeting would be Mr. Abraham George (Shaju).
Please attend the meeting prayerfully.
9) Youth Fellowship Announcements
Virtual Talent Show
Virtual Talent Show applications are still being accepted as the deadline has been extended! Singing, Dancing, Short Films, Magic Tricks, whatever your talent is, feel free to show it off!
The show is also extended to Yuvajana Sakhyam and Young Families members also.
Youth Fellowship will be having their first in-person youth prayer of the year today, Aug 23rd, 2020 at 11:30 AM in our church. Please note that we will be following all COVID protocols and ask that all attendees to wear their masks and maintain social distancing.
Youth Fellowship General Body
Notice is hereby given that a General Body meeting of the Youth Fellowship will be held at 159 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville, Ontario on Sunday, August 23rd, 2020 immediately after the Youth Prayer to transact the following agenda:
All Youth Fellowship members are expected to attend the meeting prayerfully.
Thank you all and have a Blessed Week!