Announcements for Sunday, August 18, 2019
Circular from the Diocese:
Next Sunday, August 25, Holy Communion Service in English @ 10.00 am.
Common Session at 9:30 am. Please note, Students Thanksgiving will take place during the Holy Communion Service.
Area 3 prayer meeting at the residence of George Abraham (Shaji & Susan) on Sunday, August 18 at 5 pm. Their address is 62 Grosbeak Crescent, Scarborough, ON M1X 1X7. Phone No. 416-299-9417
Area 3 prayer meeting on behalf of Mr. Varghese Olipattu (Georgekutty & Aleyamma) is scheduled for Monday, August 26 at the church at 7:30 pm. Phone No. 416-298-7092
Annual Church Picnic:
Its here! Next Saturday, August 24 – Our Annual Church Picnic being organized for all our members. Please pre-register today as much as possible. You are also welcome to register on the day of the picnic, but we encourage you to pre-register today to better plan the event. Please pick your tickets today. Registration costs as follows:
Senior Couples only $15
We appreciate your full participation and assistance. For questions, please see the coordinators, Shiju Mathew, Brianna Varghese and Kuber George.
Sunday School Announcements:
- As announced at the beginning, Students Thanksgiving will be held on Sunday, August 25 during the Holy Communion Service.
- Sunday school classes for the new academic year will begin on Sunday, September 8 at 9 am.
- All Students and youth fellowship members are encouraged to gather in the Youth room soon after the announcements to plan and prepare for the Harvest Festival & Church Carnival.
Youth Fellowship Announcement:
Youth Fellowship Prayer Meeting on August 25th at 5:00 pm at the residence of Brianna & Brendan Varghese; 21 Trainor Court, Nobleton, ON, L0G 1N0. Phone No. 905-713-2575
Saturday, August 17th the CSI Christ Church Youth Fellowship held its 6th Vessels of Worship Evening. It was a charity night filled with worship, skits and dances and all of the proceeds raised will be going to the Kerala Relief Fund. 9 of our very own youth represented our church and participated through praise and worship. Thank you to all the families who came out to support us and the event.
The CMTC Youth group is organizing a fundraising event. I will invite Brianna & Riya, coordinators of the event, at the end of this announcements to give you details of this event.
Harvest Festival & Church Carnival to take place on Sunday, September 1.
· This is going to be a celebration. We will have food stalls, games, activities, auctions, garage sale, raffle draw and lots more. Please make sure you bring change of clothes to enjoy the afternoon to its fullest.
· Enjoy Cultural programs by the Sunday School, Youth Fellowship, Seniors Fellowship, Sevika Sangham, Yuvajana Sakhyam, Edavaka Mission and the Choir. This is not limited to sub-organizations. Anyone (solo or group performances) who wish to showcase their God-given talents can give their names to Robin Thomas, Kuber George, Haris George or Manoj Kompithra. Please sign up today.
· This event is open to all and open to the public. So, encourage and invite your friends and families to this mega celebration
· “Free BBQ for all” @ 4 pm.
· Each family is encouraged to bring one item towards the Harvest Festival. Please contact your Prayer Group Area Representatives for ideas and suggestions. Your full participation and assistance is greatly appreciated to make this a blessed event.
Edavaka Mission Announcement:
Edavaka Mission Bible Study on Friday, August 23 @ 7:30 pm, at the residence of Thomas Idiculla (Regi & Molly). Their address is 9 Forest Edge Crescent, Holland Landing, ON L9N 1R8. Phone # 905-235-9269
Fasting Prayer meeting on Wednesday, August 21 @ 10 am, at the church.
Yuvajana Sakhyam Announcement:
Notice of Yuvajana Sakhyam General Body Meeting on Sunday 25th August 2019:
Notice is hereby given that the Yuvajana Sakhyam General Body meeting will be conducted at 12pm (right after Qurbana) on Sunday August 25th at the Canadian Mar Thoma Church Toronto, 159 Sandiford Drive, Whitchurch Stouffville ON L4A 0Y2, to transact the following agenda.
1. Elect a representative to the Church Building Construction Committee
2. Any Other Business with the permission of the Chair
President Rev. Sunil Mathew will preside the meeting. You are encouraged and expected to attend the meeting prayerfully. Signed, LIJO MATHAI
Yuvajana Sakhyam Secretary
Special announcement from our Thattukada coordinators Johnson Jacob and Rony Varghese
Yuvajana Sakhyam would like to welcome all of you to our Canadian Tattukada (Kerala’s fast food joint), during our Annual Church Picnic. Please note - thattukada will open @ 9 am
Special announcement from the Cultural Feast Convenor, Shiju Mathew
Yuvajana Sakhyam and Young Families are arranging a Cultural Feast on September 8 after the church service.
The Food will include delicious and speciality items from Kerala for just $50 for the family and $15 for an individual.
Pre-registration is required. Please contact Yuvajana Sakhyam representatives to get your coupons before the deadline set for September 1. Come and Enjoy the 2019 Cultural Feast
Yuvajana Sakhyam is conducting an entertainment program on Saturday, October 5th.
Venue: Brebeuf High School Auditorium
Time: 5pm-8.30 pm
Our very talented artists will be performing. There will be dancing, singing, comedy skits and many other performances. Please block your dates!!
Philip Alex and Johnson Jacob
Sevika Sangham announcement:
Joint Sevika Sangham Retreat is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 14 at the Canadian Marthoma Church from 9:30am. Day to be filled with spiritual encouragement, Praise and Worship and Devotion. Along with this we also have Rev. Ajit Varghese who will talk to us about “Coping with Stress” and last but not least “Tips/Information” about Ayurveda by Dr. Lincy Benjamin. Come out and be part of 2019 Retreat. For Additional information feel free to reach out to Julie Varghese @ 905-713-2575
Senior Fellowship Announcement:
Senior Fellowship has organized a 2-day trip to Sight & Sound Theatres – Bringing the Bible to Life on Stage, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, on September 6 & 7. There will be an info session next Sunday, August 25, soon after the Holy Communion Service in the Seniors Room to provide details regarding the trip. All those who have signed up for the trip must assemble at the church at 3:30 am on September 6. The bus will depart the church premises at 4 am sharp. Please contact Senior Fellowship Coordinator, Mathew C Samuel for more information.
It is with deep sadness that we inform you the passing away of Mrs. Aleyamma Easow (Ponnamma Aunty), 57 years - mother of our member Renu Abraham (Renu & Merin) on Friday, August 16, 2019 in Hyderabad, India (Indian time 10:30 pm). Renu's younger brother, Rev. Benu Thayyil is serving as the missionary in Manthralaya, Andhra Pradesh. Funeral service will take place at the St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Hyderabad on Tuesday, August 20 at 3 pm and service will be led by Rt. Rev. Dr. Mathews Mar Makarios Episcopa. Please uphold the bereaved families in our prayers.
A baby boy – Jayden Justin was born to Justin Varghese Theverkalil Mathai & Twinkle Kuruvilla on Friday, August 16. Congratulations to the proud parents.
Floral Arrangement: The floral arrangement in the madbaha is sponsored by Mrs. Annamma Mathews.
Snacks: Is being provided by Abraham Varghese (Teemon & Regi)
Thank you and have a blessed week.