Announcements for Sunday, Oct 1, 2017
Metropolitan’s Kalpana, Circular # 295
Next Sunday, Oct 8 th, is set apart as Thanksgiving Sunday and Youth Fellowship day. We will have Praise & worship service at 9:00 AM followed by Holy Communion service in English 9:30 AM. As usual, request one family member to come forward to the front and make the thanksgiving offertory. Please use the special envelope provided earlier.
1. An area 2 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr. Lijo Mathai (Lijo & Renzy) today at 5:00 PM. Address: Apt 310, 3700 Lawrence Ave East, Scarborough. Tel: 647-892-5456
2. An area 1 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr. Shibu Paul (Shibu & Deepa) on Oct 8 th Sunday at 5:30 PM. Address: 137 Hainford St, Scarborough. Tel: 416-282-0842.
Edavaka Mission announcement
Next Edavaka Mission prayer meeting is scheduled for this Friday at 7:30 PM at the church.
Cherian Abraham, EM Secretary
Special prayer sessions
Starting today Sunday Oct 1st, we will be having daily prayer at the new church site every evening from 7.00 PM to 7.30 PM, until the day of church consecration, to pray for the various needs of the new church and the dedication service.
All those who are available, are requested to join, whenever possible during these days.
Jacob Mathew (Pramod)
Co-ordinator for the Prayer Sub-Committee
Sunday School announcement
1. There will be a Teachers meeting on Sunday, October 8th, 2017 in CMTC, Markham, right after the Sunday School classes. All the teachers are requested to attend this meeting.
Sevika Sanghom announcement
1. Sevika sangham Prayer
A sevika sangham prayer meeting for Area 1,2 and 3 is scheduled to be held at the residence of Renzy Raju on Thursday, Oct 5th at 7:30 PM.
Address: 3700 Lawrence Ave East, Apt #310, Scarborough, M1G 3T2
Phone: 647 828 5660.
All sevika sangham members from Area 1,2 & 3 are requested to attend.
2. Sevika Sangham subscription
we would like to remind all Sevika sangham members to give their subscription for this year to your area representative. All women above the age of 18 years are members of sevika Sangham.
3. As announced earlier, Sevika Sangham is requesting sponsorship from all parishioners to raise funds for furnishing the new parsonage.We have received very good response from our members for this collection, thanks to all who have donated.We still need more funds to reach the target of $22000.
We request your whole-hearted participation in this fund raising.
Sevika sangham secretary
Special Thanksgiving Offertory
As all of you are aware, the consecration of our new church building will take place on Saturday, Oct 21 st at 4:00 PM. From our humble beginnings about forty years ago, we have reached our present state of having a beautifully constructed and modern worshipping place. To thank God for HIS immense blessings over the years, a special thanksgiving offertory will be taken on Oct 15 th Sunday. One-day income from all members is expected and the amount collected will be used to cover the consecration expense of approximately $22,000. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
Parents are requested to submit the names of their children, who are interested in participating in the consecration procession events on Saturday, October 21, 2017.
We are looking for children from Grades 1 to Grade 6, who are not part of any of the Choirs and willing to attend practice sessions.
Please respond via E-Mail to Alexander John, no later than Sunday, October 8, 2017