1. Next Sunday, September 24th, we will have Holy Communion service in English at 9:30 am.
Our Parish Day Celebrations will be held at our church next Sunday after the service. Hon. Paul Calandra, MPP & Minister of Legislative Affairs & Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing will be the chief guest and Shri. Siddhartha Nath, Consul General of India will be the Guest of Honor.
During the parish Day Celebrations, we will be honoring the seniors’ who were part of the Mar Thoma Community since 1972.
Parish Day Offertory will be collected. Families are encouraged to donate one day income as parish day offertory. Please use your Parish Day envelope or use a regular envelope and mention "Parish Day Offertory".
2. Parish Convention
Our Parish convention is scheduled from Thursday, September 21st to Saturday, September 23rd at our church, starting at 7:30 pm each day.
1. Rev.Binu Philip, CSI Church,Toronto
2. Rev.Fr Thomas John, St Gregorios Orthodox Church of Toronto
3. Rev.Naveen Mathew Thomas, Ottawa Mar Thoma Church
3. Sevika Sanghom Announcements
1. Joint Sevika Sanghom retreat to be held at St. Mathews Mar Thoma Church, Milton
on Saturday September 23rd,2023. from 9.00AM -1.00PM.
Theme for the retreat: “Woman: the masterpiece of God”
The keynote speaker: Rev. Reji Issac (Assistant Vicar, St. Mathew’s MTC, Toronto)
Those who need transportation please contact Latha @ 647-680-9275.
We are looking for volunteers for carpooling. Google forms are posted in WhatsApp and in email. If you need a hardcopy please contact your Sevika Sanghom area representatives or office bearers.
Sevika Sanghom members will assist in the Holy communion service that day.
Sevika Sanghom membership form will be sent through email & WhatsApp.
Members of the Mar Thoma Church who are 18 and above will be the members of the
Registration fee is set as $ 5.00 for the upcoming year.
Envelopes are distributed for Sevika Sanghom offertory.
Please collect it from Sevika Sanghom area representatives or office bearers.
From Binamma Mathew, Sevika Sanghom Secretary.
4. AREA PRAYER MEETING
1. An Area-6 Prayer Meeting will be held at the residence of Mr.Shinu C. Jacob (Shinu &
Simi) TODAY @ 4:30pm.
Address: 14 Clifford Fairbarn Drive, East Gwillimbury, L9N 0S1
Telephone: (647) 703-4939
Please attend the meeting prayerfully. From Santhosh Varghese, Area 6 Representative.
5. Fasting Prayer will be held on Wednesday, September 20th at 10:30 am via Google Meet.
6. Edavaka Mission Announcements
a. There will be no online weekly Edavaka Mission prayer meeting next week but members are encouraged to prayerfully attend the Parish Convention taking place in the church in person. The next online weekly Edavaka Mission meeting will take place on Friday, September 29, 2023 at 8 pm.
b. Edavaka Mission Day has been moved to Sunday, October 29th . EM envelopes will be distributed to all members in upcoming weeks.
c. Edavaka Mission Membership forms will be distributed by Area Representatives and they are requested to collect the membership fees from their respective areas in coming weeks (September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22). Each family fills in one form for their individual family. The fee is set for $5 per member. So, if there’s 2 adults over the age of 18, they fill one form and pay $10.
7. Thanks you Note Seniors Onam was celebrated on Thursday September 14th at our Church and it was a great success. Everyone who attended had a great time. Special thanks to Roji achen for his leadership and to the volunteers Mathews Pothen and George Mathai. From Mariamma Edichandy, Seniors Fellowship secretary.
The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of our beloved member Mrs. KUNJOONJAMMA KALAMPUKATTU (79 Yrs.) w/o Mr. Chandy C Kalampukattu (Kunju) (Area Prayer Group - 1 ,700 Wilson Rd N #604,Oshawa, ON L1G7T5, Canada) who passed away on 13th September, 2023 in Oshawa.
Visitation Funeral services were held at our church yesterday.
Let us uphold Mr. Chandy C Kalampukattu (Kunju), sons Mr. Thomas Kalampukattu & Mrs. Supriya Thomas(wife) ,Mr. George Kalampukattu, Mr. Mathews Kalampukattu & Mrs.Zia (wife) and grandchildren Alexander, Andy, Deen, Kareem and Ariana and their families in fervent prayers to be strengthened with peace that surpasses all understanding to console their hearts and minds while in bereavement.
9. We express our gratitude to Rev. Canon Harold J. Nahabedian for graciously accepting our invitation and extending your greetings today.We also extend our thanks to Rev. George Mathew Achen, our former Vicar, for delivering the message of God.
10. Thanks to members from St. Mathews Church for accepting our invitation and attending today’s service.