1. Next Sunday , May 7th we will have Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 10 am. Rev.Reji Issac Assistant Vicar ,St. Mathew’s MTC, Milton will celebrate the Holy Communion and deliver the sermon.
2. Youth Fellowship Announcements
The youth will be doing a final round of food sales this week and next week to raise funds for the upcoming conference - thank you all for your support so far; we ask you continue to do so for the next couple of weeks.
Youth Sports Day
The CMTC youth fellowship invites all youths aged 13 - 35 to participate in the sports day scheduled to be held at the Kings court Pickering next Saturday, May 6th from 10 am - 3 pm. Interested youths aged 16 and below must have parental permission when registering. The cost is $25 for players and $15 for spectators. Lunch is served to all registrants. Snacks and drinks will be available at an extra cost.
Please bring a change of clothes if you are a player. All proceeds will go to the RYC 2023 Conference. If you need a ride to the location, please let Kevin Thomas or Sneha Matthews know, so they can arrange rides.
Youth Prayer Meeting
There will be a youth prayer meeting on Sunday, May 7th , at the residence of Kevin Thomas (Kevin and Rachel) at 5:30 pm.
Address : 6 Urwin St, Ajax, ON L1T 0G7. Please attend the meeting prayerfully.
From Everest Thomas, Youth Fellowship Secretary.
3. Sunday school announcement
Dear parents and students,
The model exam for grades 5 to 10 is planned for 7th May . The exam is for 1 hour and will begin at 9 am. Please be at the church at 8:45 am. This model exam is a practice exam for students writing the Diocesan exam. From Praveen Thomas,Sunday School Secretary
4. Yuvajana Sakhyam announcement
There will be a Yuvajana Sakhyam meeting next Sunday, May 7th at our church immediately after the service. All Yuvajana Sakhyam and young family members and new comers are welcome to attend the meeting. From Bibin Mathew, Yuvajana Sakhyam Secretary.
5. Fasting Prayer held on Wednesday, May 3rd at 10:30 am via Google Meet.
6. The Edavaka Mission Online Weekly Prayer meeting will be held on Friday, May 5th at 8 pm via Google Meet. Members who are willing and are interested to lead in the Opening Song, Bible Reading, Intercessory Prayer and Closing Prayer may reach out to the Edavaka Mission Secretary, Mrs.Sunitha Alexander.
7. Chain Prayer held on Saturday, from 6 am to 6 pm.
8. Area Prayer Meeting
An Area-1 Prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr.Thomas Baby & Mrs.Anu today at 6:00 pm. Address: 91 Reed Drive, Ajax L1S 6T7. Tel: 647 687 8847
All Area-1 prayer group members are requested to attend this meeting prayerfully.
From Thomas Baby, Area-1 Prayer Group Representative.
9. Senior Fellowship announcement
CMTC Seniors Fellowship meeting will be held on Thursday, May 11th at 10.30 am at our Church. Please attend the meeting prayerfully and inform the Seniors Fellowship secretary @ 416 454 6077 if you attending, in order to make the arrangements for lunch.
From Mariamma Edichandy. Seniors Fellowship secretary.
10. A note From the Lay Ministrants of our parish - Dear members, The Area Representatives of your area will contact you for participating in Sunday worship services. When contacted, please consent for Sunday ministries.
1. The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of our dear Area- 4 member Mrs. ANNAMMA JOSEPH (Ammukutty - 79 yrs) w/o Mr. Mathai V. Joseph who passed away on Tuesday,April 25, 2023.
Visitation and Funeral services were held at our parish on Thursday, April 27th and Friday, April 28th.
Let us uphold Mr. Mathai V. Joseph, Mr. Jason, Dr. Susan, Ms. Ava, Mr. Jonathan, Mr. Shawn, Mrs. Marylynn, Ms. Gabriella and Ammukutty Aunty's Sisters Mrs. Rachel Mathew, Mrs. Mariamma Thomas, Mrs. Aleyamma Joseph and Mrs. Saramma Thomas and their families in fervent prayers to be strengthened with peace while in bereavement.
2. The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of Mrs. MARIAMMA VARGHESE (109 yrs) the grandmother of our member Mr. Manu Geevarghese Tholoor (Area 2) who passed away in Kuzhikala, Kerala yesterday.
The funeral will be held on Tuesday, May 2nd at the Immanuel Mar Thoma Church, Ranni.
Let us uphold Mr. Manu, Mrs. Tintu Baby, Ms. Ellena, Ms. Layana and their extended families in fervent prayers to be strengthened with peace that surpasses all understanding and to console their hearts and minds while in bereavement.