ANNOUNCEMENTS – March 26th, 2023
1. Next Sunday, April 2nd, is Palm Sunday and we will have Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 10 am.
2. Parish General Body Notice
3. Parish 2023 Executive Committee notice
4. Edavaka Mission Prayer Meeting
There will be NO Edavaka Mission weekly prayer meetings on Friday’s due to the Lenten period. The Friday prayer meeting will now resume on April 14th.
Lent Prayer meetings are scheduled from Monday -Saturday at our members residences from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm. We request your prayerful participation in the lent prayer meetings scheduled at various homes and at church during this period.
5. Chain Prayer will continue to take place every Saturday, from 6 am to 6 pm.
6. Fasting Prayer held on Wednesday, March 29th at 10:30 am via Google Meet.
7. Senior’s Fellowship announcement
Fortieth Friday Holy Communion Service.
A Holy Communion Service is arranged for Seniors on Friday, March 31, 2023 at 10.30 AM at the church. This service is also open for all other’s who are interested to join. If you are attending this service, please inform Mrs. Mariamma Edichandy, the Seniors Fellowship Secretary at 416 454 6077 in order to make necessary arrangements for lunch.
8. Youth Fellowship Announcements
Thank you Note
By God’s grace, the youths hosted a Games and Paint Night on Saturday March 18 as a fundraiser for this year's Regional Youth Conference. A total of 41 children and youth participated in a range of activities including painting, video games, and board games. Thank you to all who attended and helped out in different ways to make the event a memorable one!
9. The St. Mathew’s Mar Thoma Church Choir is organizing an Easter Recital Service on the 8th of April at 5.30 p.m. at the St. Mathew’s Church in Milton, Toronto. All parish members are invited to attend this event.
From John Daniel, SMMTC Choir Secretary.
1. The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of Mr. POLACHIRACKAL VARGHESE JACOB (82 yrs), brother of our Area 3 prayer group member Mrs. Susan Babuji and uncle of our Area 6 prayer group member Mr. John Jacob (Suvi) who passed away at Tiruvalla in Kerala on March 23rd .
The funeral service will be held at the Church Of God Hall, Eruvellipra (Thirumoolapuram) on Monday, March 27th.
Let us uphold Mr. Zachariah Babuji and Mrs. Susan Babuji, Suvi and other bereaved family members
in fervent prayers for peace and consolation in bereavement.
2. The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of Mr. P. THOMAS (78 yrs, Meppurathu House), brother of our Area 3 prayer group member Mr. Samuel Pappy who passed away at Elanthoor in Kerala on March 24th.
The funeral service will be held at the Mar Thoma Valiyapally, Elanthoor on Tuesday ,March 28th.
Let us uphold Mr. Samuel Pappy (Babu) and Mrs. Mary Samuel (Santhamma) and other bereaved family members in fervent prayers for peace and consolation in bereavement.
3. The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of Mr. K. C. VARGHESE (81 yrs, Kochuzhathil Puthenpurackal), father of our Area 4 prayer group member Mr. Mathew Varghese (Saju) who passed away in Kerala on March 25th.
The dearly departed was a member of the Salem MTC, Vennikulam and is survived by his wife Mrs. Saramma Varghese.
Let us uphold Mr. Mathew Varghese (Saju), Mrs. Lini Mathew, Mr. Jonathan Mathew and Mr. Daniel Mathew and their extended family in fervent prayers for peace and consolation in bereavement.
4. The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of Mrs. Saramma John (86 yrs, Edathinathu Mepurathu), mother of our Area -1 prayer group member Mrs. Omana Abraham (w/o Mr. Abraham Vadekkedathu, #89 Booth Crescent, Ajax, ON, L1Z 1H7) who passed away in Ranni, Kerala earlier today (March 26, 2023).
Let us uphold Mr. Abraham Vadekkedathu, Mrs. Omana Abraham, Mr. Melvin Abraham, Mrs. Merline Abraham, Mr. Samel Mathew and Ms. Evalyn Samel in fervent prayers to be strengthened with peace that surpasses all understanding and to console their hearts and minds while in bereavement.
11.Thanks Mr. Kuber George for delivering a meaningful sermon.
Thank you all once again for attending today’s service. Stay safe and have a blessed week ahead!!