ANNOUNCEMENTS – February 26th, 2023
1. Next Sunday, March 5th, is observed as Diocesan Sunday and we have Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 10 am. As part of the pulpit exchange, Rev.Sunil Chacko, Vicar of St.Mathew’s MTC will visit our parish and celebrate Holy Communion service. Roji Achen is deputed to the St.Mathew’s MTC.
We have a special collection for Diocesan Sunday and we request your generous offertory and donations. The expected amount from our parish as Diocesan Sunday Collection is $6740.
2. Mar Thoma Suvisesha Sevika Sanghom CANADA REGION- General Body meeting Notice
The General Body Meeting of the Canada Region Mar Thoma Suvisesha Sevika Sanghom is scheduled to be held on Monday February 27, 2023 at 8:30 pm, EST via zoom meeting.
All members of the Regional General Body comprising of the Centre Presidents, Vicars, clergy with official responsibilities, Centre Vice-Presidents, Centre Sevika Sanghom Secretaries, Parish Sevika Sanghom Secretaries and representatives from each parish to the Region are requested to join in this meeting to transact the following:
1. Election of the Canada Region Sevika Sanghom Office Bearers for the year 2023-2026
a. Vice President
b. Regional Secretary
c. Regional Treasurer
d. Two auditors (non committee members)
2. Any other business with the permission of the chair
Please see link below to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5874295511?pwd=V0pTWVBhR0RJZTh2Ymw5aFJiMFVmUT09
Meeting ID: 5874295511
Rev. Joji Jacob Sosamma Vadakethu
3. The Annual General Body meeting of the Mar Thoma Voluntary Evangelists Association Canada Region will be held on Tuesday,28th February, 2023 at 08:30 PM via zoom.
Presidents of Centers (Clergy), Vice Presidents of Centers (Lay), Vicars, Clergy with official responsibilities, Secretaries of the Centers, Secretaries of the Parish units, and the Regional representatives from each Parish unit are requested to attend the General Body meeting.
1. The Election of the Office Bearers of the Mar Thoma Voluntary Evangelists Association, Canada Region for the year 2023-2026
a. Vice-President (1)
b. Regional Secretary (1)
c. Regional Treasurer (1)
d. Auditors (2) (non-committee members)
2. Any other business with the permission of the chair.
Zoom Meeting link.
Meeting ID: 868 4361 7216
From Rev Geevarghese Mathew.M
4. Sunday school March retreat
The Canadian Mar thoma Church Sunday School is excited to invite all students from Nursery to Grade 12 to the annual March break retreat that is to be held at The
Canadian Mar Thoma Church, 159 Sandiford Dr, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON on March 11, 2023, between 9:30 am to 4:00pm.
The theme for the retreat is "Walk the Talk" inspired from 1st John 2:6 'Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did'.
The main speaker for the event will be Mr. Jason John.
Students, we have a host of programs lined up which includes studying from God's word, music & songs, and activities to keep you on your toes.
Parents, we encourage you to register & send your kids for the event.
Registration fee is $15 for early-bird registrants before Feb 26th and $20 for registrants before March 5th .
Registration is also open to families & friends who are not members of CMTC.
Please register using the google form bit.ly/mbr23 which will be sent on our church WhatsApp group and in email today.
For more details, please contact your Sunday school teacher or retreat co-ordinators for any clarifications.
On behalf of Sunday School, Retreat co-ordinators: Ancy Roji Mathews, Soney Jacob, & Sajo George.
5. Weekly Prayer Meetings
1. Fasting prayer meeting held online via Google meet on Wednesday, March 1st at 10:30 am.
2. Edavaka Mission prayer meeting held online on Friday, March 3rd at 8 pm via Google meet.
3. Chain Prayer on Saturday - 6.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
6. Area Prayer Meeting
An Area 4 prayer group meeting will be held today Sunday, 26th February at 5 pm at the residence of Mr.Mathew Varughese & Susan
Area 4 prayer group representative will be elected in this meeting.
All the Area 4 prayer group members are requested to attend the meeting prayerfully.
From Mr. Mathews Pothen, Area 4 prayer group representative.
7. Seniors Fellowship Prayer meeting
CMTC Seniors’ Fellowship meeting for March will be held on Thursday ,March 9th 2023 10:30 am at our Church.. Please attend the meeting prayerfully.
Please inform Seniors Fellowship Secretary Mrs. Mariamma Edichandy
if you are attending this meeting in order to make necessary arrangements for lunch.
From Mariamma Edichandy Seniors Fellowship Secretary .
8. The 2022 CMRC donations receipts have been sent via email. Those who contributed to the Light to Life program in 2022 should check their email (inbox and spam folders). If you have not received the email please email Mr. Oommen Joseph, (email@example.com).
From Varghese Manaloor, Secretary, CMRC.
The Canadian Mar Thoma Church - Toronto deeply condoles the demise of Mr. P. V. VARKEY(79 yrs), Parambathoor,Chengannur, father of Asha Kochamma (w/o the Rev. Shibu Samuel, our former Vicar, 2014-18) who passed away at Chengannur in Kerala on Wednesday, February 22nd.
The funeral was held on February 24th at Chengannur Pazhaya Suriyani Pally.
Let us uphold Ammachi, Shibu Achen, Asha Kochamma, Shalom, Shlomo and Kochamma's sister and family in fervent prayers for peace and consolation in bereavement.
10.Thank you all once again for attending today’s service. Stay safe and have a blessed week ahead!!