Announcements for Sunday September 5, 2021
Good Morning All, Welcome Roji Achen for leading today’s service and we also have Preena Mathew Kochamma, Lecturer of Clinical Psychology, Mar Thoma School of Special Education, Kasargode who will deliver today’s sermon.
Welcome to all attending this service in-person and online.
2020 Parish Appreciation Award
Our parish is chosen to receive the 2020 Parish Appreciation Award from the Diocese considering the overall performance during the year 2020. They evaluated the various programs done last year, the online options we adopted, to continue the services and other prayer meetings of the church and sub organizations and our contributions to the community and the dues paid to the Diocese .
The 2020 Parish Appreciation Awards will be distributed during the Diocesan Assembly meeting, which will be held on Saturday, September 11, 2021 at the St. Peter’s Mar Thoma Church, New Jersey.
Let’s thank God Almighty for His Grace and blessings upon us. Congratulations to our Former Vicar Sunil Mathew for his vision and exemplary leadership during the pandemic times, to the Office bearers and to the Executive Committee members of 2020 and to all Parish members and well-wishers as without your prayers and unconditional support we could never achieve this milestone.
1. Circular no-28 Education Sunday
2. DC 319 2021 Circular Regarding Hurricane Ida
3. Next Sunday, September 12th, is Sevika Sanghom Sunday and we will have Holy Communion service in English at 10 AM.
Online registration for in-person attendance is open for all members, families with kids and guests. The google form will be online from tomorrow 7 pm. If you have any difficulty in filling the form, please let me know for assistance.
The service is also live streamed on our YouTube Channel.
4. Harvest Festival 2021
The Harvest Festival was successfully organized last Sunday after the church service.
Thanks to Joseph Chacko Achen for his presence, advice and leadership all throughout the Harvest Festival proceedings and Roji Achen for all the inputs in planning this event successfully.
We received a wide variety of vegetables, plants and homemade food items, snacks and paintings. Thanks to all families and members for your time and efforts in preparing all these items and donating to the church.
There was an active participation in the auctions from members who attended in-person and through zoom. Thanks to all members who participated in the Auctions and for buying the items donated by our members.
Our sub organizations Yuvajana Sahkyam, Sevika Sanghom, Sunday School and our parish members also presented songs during the Harvest Festival.
Thanks for your dedicated efforts in preparing and practicing the songs and making this event entertaining.
Area representatives and Executive Committee members worked together in the collection of items from the families and sorting and displaying them for auctions.
Executive committee members also volunteered in Covid protocol Management, Auction recording and Finance collection, Entertainment Programs coordination and BBQ preparation.
Our parish members also actively participated in the preparation of the BBQ lunch and packaging for all in-person attendees of the Harvest Festival.
Thanks to the Tech team members Joshua John and Arun Reji Alex for arranging the needed technical support for Harvest Festival.
Itty Thomas and Johnson Jacob were the conveners for this event and thanks to both of them for the timely planning and coordination of this event.
Thanks once again to all of you for successfully organizing this year’s harvest Festival.
5. The Monthly Prayer Meeting of Diocese of North America and Europe Voluntary
Evangelist’s Association will be held on September 6th Monday at 8.30 pm EST by
Message. Rev. THOMAS MATHEW (St. Louis MTC,MO).
From Sam Alex, Evangelist’s Association Secretary.
6. CMRC Announcement
On August 25, we received a formal letter informing that CMRC's application to be a registered charity under the CRA Act has been approved. CMRC is now a registered charity (with effect from January 1, 2021).
As you all know, 'Light to Life' project is a signature initiative of the Diocese of North America and Europe to help less fortunate children. Several of you have contributed to the project by sponsoring children in need. Thank you. With CMRC getting a registered charity status, contributions to the 'Light to Life' projects can now be made to CMRC or to your parish trustees with specific instructions that the donations are for the 'Light to Life' project. Please contact the 'Life to Life' promoters in your church for more information. A tax receipt will be provided either by CMRC or as part of your annual parish tax receipt.
From Varghese Manaloor, CMRC Secretary.
7. Edavaka mission Announcement
1. On Tuesday, September 7th and Friday, September 10th - weekly prayer meeting held @ 8 pm virtually using google meet.
2. Chain prayer held every Saturday 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
From Itty Thomas, Edavaka mission secretary.
8. Fasting prayer will be held on Wednesday, September 8th @10:30 am virtually using Google meet.
9. Sunday School Announcement
· Sunday School 2021 - 2022 classes will be starting from 12th September 2021 and registration form will be shared through Whatsapp and Emails. Please submit your registrations before the end of this week. https://forms.gle/9MoCne1B55JQK5Gv7
· Dedication of Sunday school teachers will be conducted on next Sunday 12th September 2021 between the Holy Communion service.
From Tom C.Thomas,Sunday School Representative.
10. Birth Announcement
1. A baby girl Amara Mary Mathew is born to our members Melvin Mathew and Feby John (Area Prayer group - 2) on August 29th. Mom and baby are both doing well. Congratulations to the proud parents and grandparents John Abraham & Sheela John and Kevin John & Samantha John ( Uncle & Aunt).
2. A baby boy Darian Sam Bijoy is born to our members Bijoy Varughese and Samantha (Area Prayer group-7) on September 1st . Mom and baby are both doing well. Congratulations to the proud parents.
With profound grief, we announce the sad demise of Mr. K.S Pappachan (68 yrs), father of our member Mrs.Biji Pappachan (Aylwin & Biji, Area Prayer group - 2), on September 3rd in Kerala.
Funeral service was held on September 4th at Perungalloor Marthoma Church,Ayoor, Kollam.
We, the CMTC family, express our deepest condolences and prayers. Please keep the bereaved families in our prayers.
12. Thank you
Thank you to all for attending today’s service in-person and online.
Stay safe and have a blessed week ahead !! Thank you.