Announcements for Sunday April 4th, 2021
1. Circular no.13
2. DC 163/2021 AGB minutes approval Canadian MTC Toronto
3. General Body Announcement for April 11th
4. By God’s grace, we could successfully conduct the Passion Week services and I would like to express my sincere thanks to Sunil Achen for his guidance and spiritual leadership and to each one of you for the wholehearted support and pray-full participation in the Passion Week services.
I want to thank our choir team and keyboardists for enriching our worship services with their beautiful songs and music. Also thanks to the area representatives for coordinating the Good Friday Collections and to the Tech Team members for their hard work in arranging the live streams of all our services flawlessly. I thank our volunteers from the executive committee who helped in temperature screening all these days, for arranging and distributing food packets and hot water on Good Friday.
A special word of thanks to our Trustee Alexander V.John for his support and guidance all these days and personally to me in preparing the google forms for attendance management.
5. Next Sunday, April 11th, Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 10 AM. Rev.Moncy Varghese Achen from St.Mathews Mar Thoma Church, Milton will lead the Holy Communion service. After the service, we are arranging a farewell meeting for Rev.Moncy Varghese Achen and family. All are requested to pray fully attend the service and the farewell meeting (in-person or virtually).
6. As per latest guidelines, we are accepting registrations for 85 spots from congregation. Those who are interested to attend in-person service must register their names in the google form to be send in email and Whats app on Monday(5th April) evening @ 7 pm. We will close the online registration once the allotted spots are filled. This service will be live streamed on our YouTube Channel.
Guidelines to attend services in-person at church
7. All in-person attendees have to follow the COVID protocols including physical distancing and face masks.Those who have registered and received the confirmation emails must arrive in the church 30 minutes before the start of service to undergo Screening process. Please stay at home if you have any symptoms or have traveled outside Canada in the past 14 days.
8. We are still collecting Recessa (2 cad/adult member), Canadian Marthoma Regional Committee contribution (10 cad /family),Mandiram Collection (or the Good Friday Offertory) and Self Denial Contribution.
Request respective area representatives to follow-up on these collections with their area members.
9. Please note that your General Offertory for Good Friday will be accounted towards the Mandiram Collection.
10. All members are encouraged to use the online INTERAC e-transfer facility and transfer your offertories to email@example.com. Please mention the item name of offertory in the Notes section of INTERAC transfer for accounting purposes.
11. There will be a fasting prayer on Wednesday April 7th @10:30 am. Please refer the latest weekly schedule in email or in CMTC whats app group for the google meet link.
12. Edavaka mission Announcement
1. Edavaka mission weekly prayer meeting on Tuesday and Friday at 8:00 PM virtually using google meet. Request you all to attend prayerfully and use the new google meet link. Please do not use any old google meet links you might have saved on your computer. The new link is available in our church weekly program schedule emails.
2. Chain prayer- every Saturday 6:00 am to 6:00pm. There are some more slots available. If any of you wish to join, please contact Edavaka mission secretary Itty Thomas 647 855 996.
3. Thank you note from Edavaka mission secretary
Our lent prayers this year was well attended. All praise & honor due to the LORD!. Special acknowledgement and thanks to our Sunil Achen for his excellent and eminent leadership, prayerful support, timely advice and guidance in making lent prayer meetings a blessing to all who participated.
I would like to extend my gratitude to all the members who helped assist with delivering messages/sermons, bible readings, and assisting Achen with liturgy.
The daily devotions and meditations during the lent period was a new initiative this year. I take this time to thank all who devoted their time, prepared and presented devotions and meditations on the theme, the power of the cross!
My sincere gratitude to the Tech team Joshua John, Arun Regi Alex and Ruben Alexander for their assistance in technical logistics and making sure the sessions were edited and live streamed with no interruptions.
13. Sunday school announcement
1. There will be no Sunday School classes today.
2. Virtual Sunday School Retreat 2021: Saturday April 10, 2021 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
THEME : Victory in Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57 - "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ")
Biblically focussed and an enjoyable time for children, from Nursery to the Youth classes.
14. Sevika Sanghom Announcement: Our Sevika Sanghom is arranging a Toonie/ gift card drive to support the food bank during this great-lent period. Donation box is available at the Church Info. Desk. Please contact Mrs. Julie Varghese or Mrs. Shanthi Sonu Jojo for more details.
15. 26th Mar Thoma Choir Festival
St.Thomas Mar Thoma Church Of Chicago is organizing 26th Mar Thoma Choir Festival titled “Tehilla 2020” Virtually on Saturday, April 10th,2021 between 4:30 pm - 7:00 PM CST.
Place : St.Thomas Mar Thoma Church Of Chicago,Lombard.
Choirs from Chicago,Detroit,Canada and Indianapolis is participating in this Virtual Choir Festival.
Live streaming on STMTC Youtube channel. The details were shared yesterday in our Church Whats app group.
16. CMRC (The Canadian Marthoma Regional Committee) is arranging a farewell to Rev. Thomas Yesudasan, Trinity MTC, Edmonton, Rev. Santhosh Mathew, St Thomas MTC, Calgary and Vancouver, Rev. Moncy Varghese, St Mathews MTC, Toronto and Rev. Sunil Mathew, Canadian MTC, Toronto
on Monday, April 12th at 8:30PM (EDT)/6:30 PM (MDT)/5:30 PM (PDT). Rt. Rev. Dr. Isaac Mar Philoxenos will be delivering the main message. YouTube link will be shared when it’s made available.
With profound grief we inform you the sad demise of Mr.Karuthanathu Oomen George, 94 years,Karakkad,Chengannur,Father of our member Suja John (Georgetown) on March 28th at 11.30AM(EST). Funeral was held on Wednesday March 31st 10 AM at Singapore (Tuesday night EST).
We, the CMTC family, express our heartfelt condolences and prayers. Please keep the bereaved family in our prayers.
18. A special word of thanks to those who voluntarily cancelled their registrations for