Announcements for Sunday March 14th. 2021
1. Next Sunday, March 21st, 2021 we will have holy communion service at 10am in Malayalam. As per the new guidelines issued by the York region, we are allowing up to 50 members to attend the service by following all the COVID protocols including social distancing and face mask. Those who registered must arrive in the church by 9.30 AM to undergo Screening process. Please stay at home if you have any symptoms or have traveled outside Canada in the past 14 days. Those who are interested must register their names in the google form that will be emailed next week by Saturday 9AM.
2. As per the Kalpana DC/061/2021 of our Diocesan Episcopa, the expected amount from our parish for the diocesan Sunday collection is $5220. I request you all to please contribute generously and support the mission initiative of our Diocese.
3. Lent prayer meetings will be from Monday to Saturday (March 15th to March 20th) and this will be live streamed via YouTube. There will be no fasting prayer for this week. The details will send via email. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
4. Annual General body meeting via zoom on Sunday March 21st soon after the holy communion.
5. There will be an Area 6 prayer meeting on Sunday March 21, 2021 at 5:00 PM. All area 6 members are requested to attend the meeting prayerfully.
6. There will be an area 5 prayer meeting on Sunday March 21st, 2021 at 6.30PM. All area 5 prayer group members are requested to attend the prayer meeting.
7. Sevika Sanghom Announcement: Our Sevika Sanghom is arranging a Toonie/ gift card drive to support the food bank during this great lent period. Donation box is available at the Church Info. Desk. Please contact Mrs. Julie Varghese or Mrs. Shanthi Sonu Jojo for more details.
8. World Day of Prayer: North America and Europe Diocesan Sevika Sanghom is celebrating World day of prayer on March 20, 2021 from 10 Am-12:30 PM (EST) via Zoom platform as announced before. The zoom link will send you later to join the meeting.
9. Youth fellowship Announcement: A virtual youth prayer meeting is scheduled for Today, March 14 from 3-4pm. Zoom meeting link has been sent out to everyone in the mailing list. Lidia Mariam Benoji will be leading the talk session. Kindly make yourself available.
Arun Regi Alex (Youth Fellowship Secretary)
10. Obituaries: With profound grief we announce the sad demise of Mr. Thomas Idiculla, 83 years father of our member Remily Jeeson (Jeeson & Remily) of area 1 prayer group in Mannar, Kerala. The funeral service was held on Sunday, March 14th, 2021 at Melpadom Mar Thoma church, Kerala.
11. With profound grief we announce the sad demise of Mr. T.V. George, 86 years, brother-in-law of our member Samuel Pappy (Babu & Santhamma) and uncle of Liz Kochummen (Baiju and Liz) at Kodukulanji, Kerala. The funeral service will be held on Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 at CSI church, Kodukulanji, Kerala.
We, the CMTC family, express our heartfelt condolences and prayers.