Announcements for Sunday December 20th, 2020.
1. Circular no.4
4. Notice of the CMRC carol service.
5. Thanks letter from General Secretary MTVEA
6. Next Sunday, December 27th, 2020 we will have Divine service at 10am in English. Due to the current escalation of the pandemic situation and the restrictions announced by the provincial government the executive committee of our parish decided to limit the in-person participation in the service to 10 numbers until further notice.
7. Christmas Service: Christmas service will be on Friday, December 25th at 9AM. This will be a Holy communion in English. Our Diocesan Episcopa will lead a holy communion service from New York on the same day at 9AM in English if anyone wish to watch please login to MarThoma media live telecast.
8. This week we will have our weekly prayer meetings will be only on Tuesday. The details will send via email. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
9. Watch night service and Holy Communion: Friday December 31st at 10 PM we will have watch night service followed by Holy communion in Malayalam. Rev. Shaji Thomas, Vicar, St. Thomas MarThoma Church, Aluva will be the main speaker. This will be available in our regular YouTube channel. Please attend prayerfully.
10. Area 2 Prayer meeting: There will be an area 2 prayer meeting through google meet on Saturday, January 2nd, 2021. The prayer group representative for the year 2021 will be elected during this meeting. All area 2 Prayer group members are requested to attend.
11. Virtual Christmas Choir fest 2020: KCEF is arranging a virtual Christmas choir fest on Saturday December 26,2020 at 6PM. This will be available in the YouTube.
12. A sincere thanks to all our beloved members who contributed generously to the food, toy and cloth drive organised by our Sevika Sanghom.
13. Virtual H2H carol: Our Virtual H2H carol is successful and by the grace of God we are able to reach approximately 80 families. Today will be the last day and I sincerely thank to the Coordinators Mr. George Mathew Madackal, Alex P. Alexander, Office bearers, All the area prayer group members who took effort to make this event possible, Tech team, Drummers, Singers.
14. Virtual Christmas carol: This year’s Christmas carol was held yesterday through virtual platform. This was our first ever virtual Christmas carol and really went very well. All the participants did their part excellently. Thanks to our Metropolitan and Diocesan Episcopa for the beautiful message which they delivered to us. Thanks to our Choir, Sunday School, Yuvajana Sakhyam and Sevika Sanghom for the leadership. A special thanks to Dr. Bapu Cherian, Alex P. Alexander and Reuben Alexander.
15. NOTICE FROM YUVAJANA SAKHYAM; The Yuvajana Sakhyam is planning to collect $25 or up from The Canadian Marthoma Church Members to Support the mission work of Uppada Mission who are severely affected by the corona virus pandemic. The Yuvajana Sakhyam members will be delivering a Canadian made Plum Cake and a Bible reading planner for 2021 to those who have contributed, as a thank you gesture from Dec 28th to 30th 2020. Last date of receiving the donation will be on December 27th,2020. Please send your contribution to email@example.com.
Uppada Mission Complex, Chungathara. Here we have mainly two projects; Karunalayam old age home & halfway home (a Psycho. Social rehabilitation center) Nearly 30 inmates are here now. Last year flood and landslides had happened near to us (Kavalappara). Many our nearby parishes are affected by the disaster. So, there is lot of difficulties in the smooth running of the Institution. This year again due to covid-19 we are facing financial crisis. I know that all are going through difficult situation. Yet if you can help us it will be a great support to the inmates and the institution.
16.2020 Contributions Deadline Reminder by Trustees: We would like to remind everyone that the deadline for this year’s contributions is 31st December 2020 and contributions that are received from 1st January 2021, will be accounted in the 2021 contribution. Please send the contributions at the earliest either by E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or EFT or mail or hand-in the cheques or cash.