Announcements for Sunday November 15th,2020.
1. Congratulations to the Most Rev. Dr. Theodosius MarThoma Metropolitan.
2. Circular DC 340/2020
3. Notification of the election for 2021.
4. Next Sunday 22nd November 2020 we will have Holy Communion service at 10 AM in English. Communion will be given to all in accordance with the COVID protocols and as per the direction of the Metropolitan. Those who are interested to attend the worship in person may please register your names in the given form before next Saturday 9AM.
5. The weekly prayer meetings will be on Tuesday and Friday. The details will send via email. Please join prayerfully. Rev.Dr. Prakash k. George, Principal MarThoma theological Seminary and our former vicar will be the main speaker for Friday. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
6. Sevika Sanghom Announcement: All Sevika Sanghom members are requested to submit their annual subscription for 2020.You could either e-transfer subscription to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail in the cheque to CMTC mentioning Sevika Sanghom subscription along with church roll number.
7. House to house carols -2020. This year due to COVID the scheduled H2H carols is to be cancelled.
8. Youth fellowship announcement: We will be having a youth fellowship prayer meeting today at 3:00 PM. Please note, we will be joined by Rev.Abraham Kuruvilla Achen from Philadelphia, who shall deliver the sermon.
9. Thanksgiving prayer: A Special prayer meeting will be arranged by the family of late John Samuel on November 15th, (Today) 2020 at 5PM. Please find the zoom link sent via email. On behalf of the family request you all to attend the meeting prayerfully.
10. Smart phone dive: We have an initiative to donate our used smart phones which is in good condition to use for students who are struggling to connect with online classes due to lack of funds in Kerala. If you are interested to donate, please erase all your personal data from the phone. Please contact Dr. Usha George our vice president or the vicar for more details.
11. Obituaries: It is with deep sadness that we inform you of the sad demise of Mr. Joy Samuel (86 years) - Ariyapallil House, Koodal, Kerala and a member of the Chetpet Mar Thoma Church, Chennai, on Tuesday November, 10th ,2020. He is the brother of Thankamma John (Maple) and uncle of Alexander John (Jiji, Suni), Jessy John (Janes, Jessy), Julie Varghese (Santhosh, Julie), Samuel John (Joji, Latha) and Sunil Sam Koshy (Sunil, Blaisy). The funeral service was held on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 in Chennai.
12. It is with deep sadness that we inform you of the sad demise of Mrs. Mariamma Lukose (96 years) Mother of our former vicar, Rev Dr P L John Panicker called to eternity on Monday, November, 09th,2020. The funeral service was held on the same day at 2.30 PM at All Saints Mar Thoma Church, Kampamcode, Kerala.
13.It is with profound grief, the CMTC family expresses our heartfelt condolences on the sad demise of Mr. V.V. Sleeba (78 years), father of Mr. Varghese Sleeba Varikkalam (Area 3 prayer group), called to eternity on Sunday November 08th at Edathua, Thiruvalla. Funeral was held on Thursday November 12th at Thiruvalla, Kerala.
May the Almighty God comfort all the bereaved ones with his everlasting peace.
We, The Canadian Mar Thoma Church members express our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. Please uphold them all in your prayers.
14.Birth Announcement: We are glad to announce the birth of a baby girl Gracelyn Jacob to Shinu Cherian Jacob and Simi Susan Abraham (Shinu and Simi) on November 12th Thursday. Congratulations to the proud parents.
15. Annual report 2019: Annual report and accounts book for the year 2019 is ready to distribute. Please collect one copy for your family from the trustees/ prayer group representative’s after this service. Copies of the other members who are not present today physically at church will get through mail this week.