Announcements for Sunday 25th October,2020.
1. Kalpana No.1
2. Notice from the diocese.
3. Next Sunday 01st November 2020 we will have Divine service at 10 AM in English. Those who are interested to attend the worship in person may please register your names in the given form before next Saturday 9AM.
4. The weekly prayer meetings will be on Tuesday and Friday. The details will send via email. Please join prayerfully. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
5. Edavaka Mission Announcements; EM is celebrating the Mission Sunday on November 8, 2020 We would like to present a video on "Witnessing God's Providence in this Pandemic Situation" during the Edavaka Mission Sunday Service. Those who are interested please send a video answering the question,
"How have you experienced God's Grace during this pandemic season?".
The answer may be in English or Malayalam, in not more than two sentences. Send the video to the email email@example.com on or before October 25, 2020. Video guidelines- landscape, visible face, white /light background. Audio Specification - no background noises, no echo.
We have received a letter from The Mar Thoma Voluntary Evangelists' Association General Secretary, Rev. Mathew John requesting financial assistance to the Mission field at Sundarapandyapuram. EM would like to help with at least $2000. We request your heartiest participation in this endeavor.
All EM members are requested to pay the EM subscription of $10 per family.
There will be EM Sunday collection during the Mission Sunday service. All collections may be handed over to the parish trustee Mr. George Mathai, or EM trustee Mr. Itty Thomas.
Thank you to all EM members who led the choir for our Annual convention especially a special thanks to EM secretary Mr. Alexander Philip.
One day retreat. EM will be organising a one-day virtual retreat on Saturday November 7th at 10 Am. Rev. M.C. Samuel will lead the retreat. The link will send later.
6. Choir announcement: Please note that Saturday, October 31, 2020 we will be having a Choir Retreat virtually. The Virtual meeting will start at 10 am. Rev. Sajan P Mathew will be the main speaker. We will send you a link to login. This will be an open session for all church members who are interested to join. Alex Alexander, Choir Secretary.
7. Edavaka Sanghom list (Voters list 2020-21) is published in the notice board. Please check and let the vicar know the corrections if any on or before Nov.1st.
8. It is with deep sorrow we announce the sad demise of Mr. Roshan Varghese 47years, brother of our member Abraham Varghese (Teemon and Reji) of area 5 prayer group. The Funeral service was held on 20th of October at Immanuel Mar Thoma Church, Paruthipara, Thiruvananthapuram. Please uphold the bereaved family in your prayers.
9. It is with deep sorrow we announce the sad demise of Mr. K.V. George 89 years, brother of our member Elizabeth Philip (P.C. Philip and Elizabeth). The funeral service was held on 23rd Friday at St. Thomas MTC, Thiruvalla, Kerala. Please uphold the bereaved family in our prayers.
10. With profound grief we announce the passing of Mr. Joseph George 66years, Malayil, Ayrookuzhiyil, father of Betsy (Dious and Betsy) today at Kerala. The funeral service will be held on Monday at 2Pm at St. Mary’s orthodox cathedral Puthencavu, Chengannur, Kerala. Please uphold the family in our prayers.
11. We as CMTC family express our sincere thanks to Rev. Dr. Mothy Varkey, the professor of MarThoma Theological Seminary, Kottayam and a well-known convention speaker who led our Annual parish convention for this year. Achen’s messages were enriching and empowering us to face the modern-day challenges with the insights from the word of God. Thank you Achen for taking all your efforts to preach the word of God with us.
I want to thank the tech team, EM Choir, all those who led the intercessory prayer, office bearers, executive committee and all those who were instrumental for the smooth conducting of our annual convention this year.