Announcements for Sunday 18th October,2020.
We as a parish express our heartfelt condolences to the sad demise of the 21st Marthoma of the Malankara Church His Grace Joseph MarThoma Metropolitan. We are indebted to His grace for the able and efficient leadership rendered to the Church as a whole and specifically to our parish. We are praising God for the eminent personality of our Metropolitan. He was known for His administrative capabilities and efficiency to solve the issues in the church and parishes. He was always empathetic to the people who are suffering and in need. Thirumeni was a dynamic and active personality till his last breath. His grace was always a helping hand to all the people irrespective of friends or critiques. No one can replace His grace’s space he left in the church and society. I on behalf of the Canadian MarThoma parish express our deepest condolences and prayers.
1. Next Sunday 25th October 2020 we will have Holy Qurbana at 10 AM in Malayalam followed by parish day public meeting and convention. Those who are interested to attend the worship in person may please register your names in the given form before next Saturday 9AM.
2. The weekly prayer meetings will be only on Tuesday. The details will send via email. Please join prayerfully. The chain prayer is scheduled on Saturday and request you all to participate prayerfully.
3. Prayer meetings: Area 3 prayer meeting will be on today at 5PM through google meet. Request all area 3 prayer group members to please join the meeting prayerfully.
4. We will be having Area 5 prayer meeting through google meet at 6.30 PM today
5. Our annual convention is scheduled on 23rd and 24th October at 7.30 PM and parish day will be on 25th Sunday. Rev. Mothy Varkey will be the main speaker. We request your prayerful participation.
6. Messenger magazine hard copies are ready to pick up from the info desk, those who are subscribed may please collect it from the church.
7. Edavaka Mission Announcements; EM is celebrating the Mission Sunday on November 8, 2020 We would like to present a video on "Witnessing God's Providence in this Pandemic Situation" during the Edavaka Mission Sunday Service. Those who are interested please send a video answering the question,
"How have you experienced God's Grace during this pandemic season?".
The answer may be in English or Malayalam, in not more than two sentences. Send the video to the email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 25, 2020. Video guidelines- landscape, visible face, white /light background. Audio Specification - no background noises, no echo.
Edavaka Mission is leading the singing session during our Annual parish Convention. Those who would like to be part of it, please contact the EM secretary by today.
We have received a letter from The Mar Thoma Voluntary Evangelists' Association General Secretary, Rev. Mathew John requesting financial assistance to the Mission field at Sundarapandyapuram. EM would like to help with at least $2000. We request your heartiest participation in this endeavor.
All EM members are requested to pay the EM subscription of $10 per family.
There will be EM Sunday collection during the Mission Sunday service. All collections may be handed over to the parish trustee Mr. George Mathai, or EM trustee Mr. Itty Thomas.
8. Choir announcement: Please note that Saturday, October 31, 2020 we will be having a Choir Retreat virtually. The Virtual meeting will start at 10 am. Rev. Sajan P Mathew will be the main speaker. We will send you a link to login. This will be an open session for all church members who are interested to join. Alex Alexander, Choir Secretary.
9.Edavaka Sanghom list (Voters list 2020-21) is published in the notice board. Please check and let the vicar know the corrections if any on or before Nov.1st.
9. It is with deep sorrow we announce the sad demise of Mrs. Ammini George, 90 years, grand mother of our member Joseph Jacob (Renju and Kashmira) of area 7 prayer group. The Funeral service was held on 17th of October at Mar Thoma Church, Chembur, Mumbai. Please uphold the bereaved family in your prayers.
10. Birth Announcement: We the CMTC family is happy to announce the birth of a baby boy to Dr. Christopher Samuel and Ann and grand daughter of Jacob Samuel and Susan Samuel (Ammanan and Susan) Congratulations to the proud parents and grandparents.