Greetings to you all in the matchless name of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.
1) Announcements, Sunday, August 16, 2020
Next Sunday, August 23, 2020 we will be having our divine service in English at 10:00am. First 100 Members from Area 3 & Area 4 will be permitted to attend the service in person. A link for online registration will be sent to all and members of Area 3 & 4 need to respond if interested to join physically at church.
We will be following the COVID-19 Protocol for religious & public gatherings, as mandated by the Province of Ontario, jointly with the York Region, to facilitate the safest possible return to worshipping indoors at the church.
As a church, we have taken the following steps towards safety:
- Increased the cleaning and sanitization of high-touch surfaces and washrooms
- Implemented crowd-controlling markings and arrows to direct flow
- Limited access to church facilities by closing access to all unnecessary rooms and spaces in the building and limit to one washroom for men and one for women
- Modified the worship service to accommodate COVID protocols (such as altering how the offertory is collected, kiss of peace is administered etc.)
- Implemented pre-screening questions, temperature checks, and socially distanced seating within the sanctuary
- Stopped serving food and beverages in the church facility
We also ask that you as worshippers to follow the following rules to maintain safety in the highest level possible:
- All individuals MUST wear a mask indoors, (with exceptions provided to young children below the age of 3 and those that have respiratory problems)
- All individuals MUST sanitize and clean their hands upon entering the building
- All individuals MUST maintain social distancing rules within the building
- All individuals MUST limit unnecessary movement in and around the sanctuary and the foyer. Please follow the arrows that will direct the movement of people
- All individuals MUST wipe high touch surfaces with the provided disinfectant wipes before/after using the washrooms
2) Program schedule for Week 34
- We will be having our online prayer secession every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 8pm.
- We will be having our Chain Prayer every Tuesday & Saturday from 6am onwards
I will be sending out an email with all details.
3) Election of Prayer Group Representatives
A notice is hereby given for the election of prayer group representatives of Area 6 & 7 on August 30th, 2020 at our church after the divine service. Request all prayer group members to attend prayerfully.
4) Sevika Sangham Announcement
A Sevika Sangham prayer meeting is scheduled to be held on Tuesday, August 18 @ 7:30pm via Google Meet. Sevika Sanghom is planning to do a virtual choir and encourage all the members to participate. Please contact Sevika Sangham Secretary Lini Mathew for further details.
5) Sunday School Announcements
The joint Sunday school and Youth Fellowship Talent show preparation is progressing well. Thank you to all the registrants for your participation.
Details of the Talent Video submission will be sent via email by the respective Sunday school teachers, latest by Monday, 17 August, 2020.
There will be a student's dedication service held on Sunday, August 30, 2020. All students are requested to participate from your respective locations, this will be a part of the Sunday divine service live broadcast.
6) Youth Fellowship Announcements
Virtual Talent Show
Virtual Talent Show applications are still being accepted as the deadline has been extended!
Singing, Dancing, Short Films, Magic Tricks, whatever your talent is, feel free to show it off!
The show is also extended to Yuvajana Sakhyam and Young Families members also.
Please note: this is NOT the Sunday School Virtual Talent Show as that is a separate event.
The link to register will be displayed on Screen
We will be having our first in-person youth prayer of the year on Aug 23rd, 2020 at 11:30 AM at the church. Please note that we will be following COVID protocol and ask that all attendees wear their masks and maintain social distancing. We will NOT be having the virtual prayer scheduled for today (Aug 16th).
Youth Fellowship General Body
Notice is hereby given that a General Body meeting of the Youth Fellowship will be held at 159 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville, Ontario on Sunday, August 23rd, 2020 immediately after the Youth Prayer to transact the following agenda:
All Youth Fellowship members are expected to attend the meeting prayerfully.
7) Meal Sponsorship
The Canadian Mar Thoma Church had the pleasure of sponsoring 125 meals at the neighboring Parkview Long Term Care on August 12, 2020 to express our thanks and gratitude to all our Frontline workers in our local community.
8) Birth Announcements
We the CMTC family proudly announce the birth of a baby girl Talia Grace Philip, granddaughter of our member Joseph Varghese and Susan Varghese (Appukuttan and Ray), daughter of Tiji and Sujith. Congratulations to the proud parents and grandparents.
9) Obituary Notice
It is with great grief and sorrow we the CMTC family announce the sad demise of Mr. Philip Thomas, 66 years, Malayil, Manganam, Kottayam, brother-in-law of our member Jeena Sajan (brother of late Sajan Thomas) who was called to eternal glory today at Kerala.
Thank you all and have a Blessed Week!