Announcements for Sunday, February 09 2020
Next Sunday, February 16, Holy Communion Service in Malayalam @ 10:00 am.Sunday School begins at 9 am.
From the Diocese:
1. The Global Mar Thoma Meet 2020
2. From the Diocesan Youth Fellowship Council regarding the Diocesan Youth Fellowship Conference.
Just a quick reminder of the Canadian Mar Thoma Regional Committee Inaugural Function:
It is only by the grace of God that we are able to establish a Regional Activities Center in the Canada Region. As mentioned last week, an inaugural function is being organized and is tentatively scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 7 under the able and gracious leadership of our Diocesan Bishop, Rt. Rev. Dr.Isaac Mar Philoxenos Episcopa. We will have other distinguished guests and food will be served soon after the function. Program will entail keynote address, presentations from the choir, Sunday school and felicitations. More details to follow, closer to the date. This function is being held at our Church, and kindly request your full participation.
First time Holy Communion Communicants:
Children who have signed up to take part in the Holy Communion Service as new communicants are expected to attend all the classes regularly that takes place each Sunday soon after the Holy Communion Service in the sanctuary under the leadership of Sunilachen.
Area 5 Prayer meeting at the residence of John Chacko (Biju&Jancy) on
Sunday, February 9, at 5:00 pm. Phone # 905-237-2499. Area 5 Prayer group
representative to the Executive Committee 2020, will be elected at this prayer
Sunday School Announcements:
· Sunday school is playing a part by presenting a program on Saturday, March 7 for the Canadian Mar Thoma Regional Committee Inaugural program.So, we request all Sunday school children to assemble in the sanctuary, soon after the Choir GB meeting, this afternoon, Feb 16. Children and parents must commit to all the practices.
· A combined March Break retreat based on the theme “Ambassadors for
Christ” is scheduled to take place on Saturday March 14 from 9:30 am to 5
pm at the St. Mathews MTC with students and teachers from both the churches. All teachers and students are required to attend. Transportation will be provided. Please mark your calendars and set this day apart for the same.
· Teachers, students and parents please take note that the Diocesan Exams
will be held on April 26, 2020. Mock Exam will take place on April 5.
Youth Fellowship Announcement:
Its here! Ignite 2020!!!The Canadian MTC Youth Fellowship would like to invite you all to this special event, on Saturday, February 15, at 5 pm. You will enjoy the evening as it will be filled with worship, skit and a silent art auction by our very own talented youths. Tickets are available in the foyer. Family tickets for $40, for a family of 3 or more. Individual tickets for $15. For more information, please contact Reuben Alexander.
Sevika Sangham Announcement:
Regular Prayer Meeting of the Sevika Sangham will take place on Saturday, February 15 from 10 am to 12 pm with Praise & Worship starting promptly at 10 am. All Sevika Sangham members are requested to attend this meeting prayerfully. Rev. Sunil Mathew Achen will lead the meeting.
General Body Notice:
Notice is hereby given that the General Body meeting of the Canadian Mar
Thoma Church Choir will be held on Sunday, Feb 9, soon after the
Holy Communion service, at the Church, at 159 Sandiford Dr.,
Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON L4A 0Y2, to transact the following agenda.
President, Rev. Sunil Mathew will preside the meeting.
1) Present & approve annual report for the year 2019
2) Present & approve income & expenditure account for the year 2019
3) Present & approve the budget for the year 2020
4) Election for the office bearers
4-c) One Main Choir Leader
4-d) Two associate Choir Leaders
4-f) Six Committee Members
5) Choir Fest
6) AOB with permission of the chair
CMTC Phase 2 Building Committee cordially invites you to Pethrutha 2020, the
feast before LENT! On Saturday, February 22, at 6 pm. Tickets are available from
Building Committee Members. Tickets are as follows:
Family Tickets for $100
Adult tickets for $25
Tickets for ages 5 to 16 are $15
Children under 5 are FREE!
Roji and Blessy Thomas has been blessed with a bundle of joy, a baby boy Jais Roji Thomas, born on February 3, 2020. Congratulations to the proud parents!
Floral Arrangement in the madbaha has been sponspored by Robin Thomas (Robin, Julie and Jaiden). Thank you to Robin & family!
- Please do not leave your shoes in front of the door. Please use the shelves/racks made for the purpose. During this wintery months, members who walk out of the sanctuary with socks will get them wet. Please make extra efforts to put it in the racks. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.
Thank you and have a blessed week.