Announcements for Sunday, October 20, 2019
Annual Convention is scheduled to take place on Thursday, October 24, and Friday, October 25. Please uphold the convention in your prayers. Rev. Sam T Mathew, Vicar of the St. Peters MTC, New Jersey, will be our Convention Speaker. Please come and be blessed.
Area 6 Prayer meeting at the residence of Pappachan Abraham (Pappachan& Suzie) on Sunday, October 20 @ 5 pm.
Address: 34 Black Duck Trail, Nobleton, L7B OA4
Area 5 Prayer meeting at the residence of Cherian Edichandy(Kunjumon&Thanku) on Sunday, October 27 @ 5 pm.
Address: 41 Offord Crescent, Aurora, ON L4G 0K5
Area 5 Prayer meeting at the residence of Chacko Philipose (Philipose& Alice) on Tuesday, October 29 @ 7 pm.
Address: 136 Rolling Hill Road, Richmond Hill, ON L4E 4E1
Sunday School Announcements:
· Next week, as announced, Sunday School classes will be on Saturday October 26, at 4.30 PM, followed by the Holy Communion service at 6.00 PM. Please note the time change.
· Halleluiah Night will take place on October 31, at the church at 7 pm. This is a Family fun night for both parents and children. We have organized games, activities, crafts, movies, treats, and food for all. This year, like never before, we have planned treats and movies for parents who take the time to drop off their children. Every child is encouraged and expected to attend. Teachers and youths will facilitate groups with various activities.
· World Sunday School Day program will take place on Sunday, November 3 at 4 pm. More details to follow closer to the date.
Youth Fellowship Announcement:
Youth Fellowship prayer meeting at the residence of Rohan John on Sunday, October 20th, at 7:00pm.
Address: 59 Lady Karen Cres, Maple, ON.
Phone No. 905-553-4666
Edavaka Mission Announcement:
There will be no Edavaka Mission Bible Study on Friday, October 25 due to the Annual Parish Convention.
Fasting Prayer at the church on Wednesday, October 23 at 10 am.
From the Coordinators of House 2 House Carolling – Alexander Philip, Philip Alex & Robin Thomas:
Come, lets celebrate Christmas this year sharing the love of Jesus among us.
Prayer Group Area Representatives will callyou, to schedule date and time of the carol rounds but if you have a day you prefer or wish to have your house scheduled on a Friday, please call the Area Reps to let them know.
Just a reminder:
1. This year, we are scheduling carol rounds on Fridays for convenience.
2. This year, every house will be scheduled for carol rounds unless the member indicates otherwise.
3. If you wish to have only few carollers, please bring it to the attention of the Vicar or Area Reps and we will do whatever possible, to accommodate your request.
4. A max of 3 families can come together and gather at one place for carol rounds, if it is inconvenient to host at your place.
5. Carolling schedules as follows:
Start times: Fridays @ 7:30 pm; Saturdays @ 1 pm; Sundays @ 2 pm
o Area 1: Sunday, Nov 10, Saturday, Nov 23,
· Additional day if needed - Friday, Dec 13
o Area 2: Saturday, Nov 9, Friday, Nov 15
o Area 3: Sunday, Nov 17, Friday, Nov 29
o Area 4: Friday, Nov 22, Sunday, Nov 24
o Area 5: Sunday, Dec 1, Friday, Dec 6, Saturday, Dec 14
o Area 6: Sunday, Dec 8
From the Coordinators of Fall Cleaning, Lijo Mathai & Alexander P Alexander:
We would like to thank each one who took the time to come out and help assist in the cleaning of the church and its premises. Thank you to families who have extended help in making the food and our special crew who cooked the food onsite. Please help keep the church and its surroundings clean.
Joint meeting of the Executive Committee, the Phase 2 Building Committee &Office Bearers &Committee members of each sub-organization, is scheduled to take place this afternoon,soon after these announcements, to update and discuss the progress of the Second Phase Construction Project.
Special Delivery to loved ones in Kerala during the Festive Christmas Season:
A new initiative by the Second Phase Construction Committee to raise funds for the project by delivering Christmas Plum Cakes to dear ones in Kerala on Christmas Eve (December 24) or Christmas Day (December 25) to places/cities where feasible and permissible.
Details are as follows:
· One plum cake weighing 1 Kilogram, for $100 with special Christmas greeting card, floral arrangement with your personalized message will be delivered to your dear one in Kerala.
· Counters will be open for members interested outside in the foyer starting today. Deadline to participate in this Special Delivery is Sunday, November 10. Submissions after the deadline will not guarantee special delivery on time for Christmas.
For questions, or clarifications, please contact Alexander P Alexander.
Floral Arrangement: Thank Mrs. Marykutty Eapen and family for sponsoring floral arrangement in the madbaha
Members who have still not handed in their thanksgiving offertory may do so, to the trustees, at your earliest convenience.
- SevikaSangham members are kindly requested to submit your annual subscription to the Treasurer, Mini George, or one of the SevikaSangham Area Reps
- Final Voters list is posted on the bulletin board
- Rev A Abraham collection update is posted as well, near the info desk.
Thank you and have a blessed week.