Next Sunday, September 1, Holy Communion Service in English @ 9.00 am.
Please note the change in the time. Holy Communion Service starts at 9 am.
Area 3 prayer meeting on behalf of Mr. Varghese Olipattu (Georgekutty & Aleyamma) is scheduled for Monday, August 26 at the church at 7:30 pm. Phone No. 416-298-7092
Area 2 prayer meeting at the residence of Mr. George Mathew Madackal (Kochmon & Susan) on Sunday, September 1 at 7 pm. Their address is 67 Janray Drive, Scarborough, ON M1G 1Y5. Phone no. 416-438-6370.
We would like to thank one and all, who participated in Our Annual Church Picnic that was held yesterday at the Richmond Green Park in Richmond Hill. We had a total of 250 registrants that included our seniors, youths and children and everyone in-between. Our special thanks and acknowledgement go to Sunil Achen for his leadership, guidance and prayerful support. Sincere appreciation to all our Executive Committee members, and our special teams that headed the thattukada, Sevika Sangham sale, registration desk, food team, and the games. Last but not the least, our gratitude, appreciation and thanks to Shiju Mathew, Kuber George and Brianna Varghese, who coordinated the event very well. Few pictures are being projected highlighting the event….
• Sunday school classes for the new academic year will begin on Sunday, September 8 at 9 am. Registration forms will be available next week.
• Sunday school teachers’ dedication will take place on Sunday, September 8 during the Holy Communion Service.
Youth Fellowship Prayer Meeting on August 25th at 5:00 pm at the residence of Brianna & Brendan Varghese; 21 Trainor Court, Nobleton, ON, L0G 1N0. Phone No. 905-713-2575
Please come ready to enjoy an afternoon:
• Food stalls, games, activities, auctions, garage sale, raffle draw and lots more are being planned. Please make sure you bring change of clothes to enjoy the afternoon to its fullest.
• Cultural programs performed by members, families and sub-organizations. Anyone who wish to sign up must do so by the end of today by giving your names to Robin Thomas, Kuber George, Haris George or Manoj Kompithra.
• This event is open to all and open to the public. Invite your friends and families to this mega celebration. “Free BBQ for all” @ 4 pm.
• Each family must bring one item towards the Harvest Festival. Please let your Prayer Group Area Representatives know. Greatly appreciate your full participation in making this a blessed event.
Notice of Yuvajana Sakhyam General Body Meeting on Sunday 25th August 2019:
Notice is hereby given that the Yuvajana Sakhyam General Body meeting will be conducted at 12pm (right after Qurbana) on Sunday August 25th at the Canadian Mar Thoma Church Toronto, 159 Sandiford Drive, Whitchurch Stouffville ON L4A 0Y2, to transact the following agenda.
1. Elect a representative to the Church Building Construction Committee
2. Any Other Business with the permission of the Chair
President Rev. Sunil Mathew will preside the meeting. You are encouraged and expected to attend the meeting prayerfully. Signed, LIJO MATHAI Yuvajana Sakhyam Secretary
Cottage Trip update and thanks – Yuvajana Sakhyam would like to thank all who participated in the fun-filled 2-day trip to the cottage. Few pictures highlighting the cottage trip are being projected on the screen.
Special announcement from the Cultural Feast Convenor, Shiju Mathew
Yuvajana Sakhyam and Young Families are arranging a Cultural Feast on September 8 after the church service. The Food will include delicious and speciality items from Kerala for just $50 for the family and $15 for an individual.
Pre-registration is required. Please contact Yuvajana Sakhyam representatives to get your coupons before the deadline set for September 1. Come and Enjoy the 2019 Cultural Feast
Yuvajana Sakhyam is conducting an entertainment program on Saturday, October 5th. Our very own talented artists will be performing. There will be dancing, singing, comedy skits and many other performances. Please block your dates!!
Philip Alex and Johnson Jacob
There will be a Sevika Sangham Convention on Wednesday, September 4 at 7.30 pm at CMTC, 159 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville, ON. Rev. Moncy Varghese Achen, Vicar of the St. Mathews MTC, Milton has agreed to be the speaker for the evening. This is open to all members. Encourage one and all to participate and take this opportunity to experience Grace of God.
Sunday, September 8 is being observed as Sevika Sangham Day. Special Offertory covers will be made available. Kindly collect covers from your respective area reps or from committee members to contribute towards offertory on Sunday, September 8.
Edavaka Mission Bible Study on Friday, August 30 @ 7:30 pm, at the church. Please note August 31 is the deadline for the Bible Trivia/Quiz submission.
Fasting Prayer meeting on Wednesday, August 28 @ 10 am, at the church.
Senior Fellowship has organized a 2-day trip to Sight & Sound Theatres – Bringing the Bible to Life on Stage, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, on September 6 & 7. There will be an info session this afternoon, soon after the Holy Communion Service in the Seniors Room to provide details regarding the trip. All those who have signed up for the trip must assemble at the church at 3:30 am on September 6. The bus will depart the church premises at 4 am sharp. Please contact Senior Fellowship Coordinator, Mathew C Samuel for more information.
Rev Dr. P. K. Mathew Memorial Quiz Competition is being held on September 21, 2019 - KCEF Logo design: Conducting a competition for KCEF LOGO which depicts our
• Canadian roots
• Christian Faith
• Unity in diversity- (Ecumenism) Digital /Analog Entries must be sent before Sept 30th
This logo will be used on all KCEF banners, letter heads, flyers etc. It will be a matter of pride for anybody who creates this unique piece art which represents a thriving organization in Toronto which consists of multiple episcopal churches from Kerala.
- Competition for the front-page design of 33rd anniversary souvenir
KCEF is planning to publish a Souvenir in association with the 33rd anniversary celebrations. The design should depict:
• • 33 years of successful existence of KCEF in Toronto
• • Kerala – Canadian Cultural integration
• • Association of Multiple Christian denominations
• • Deadline for Digital/Analog entries – September 30, 2019
Floral Arrangement: The floral arrangement in the madbaha is sponsored by T. D. Samuel & Family.
For Snacks, Youth Fellowship is inviting you to tour India right in our foyer. EXPERIENCE what India to offer. Be adventurous while tasting the tit bits of the savory street food and enjoy the Kingdom of Dreams by being part of the SWAAD.
Please note if you have not yet collected your messenger magazines, please pick your copy from Alexander P Alexander before you leave.
Also, Sevika Sangham members are kindly requested to stay back in the sanctuary for a short practice for Sevika Sangham day on September 8.
Thank you and have a blessed week.