Announcements for Sunday, August 11, 2019
Next Sunday, August 18, Holy Communion Service inMalayalam @ 10.00 am.
Common Session at 9:30 am.
Area 1 prayer meeting at the residence of Tom C Thomas (Tom &Ginu) on Sunday, August 11 at 5 pm. Their address is 172 Delaney Drive, Ajax, ON L1T 2B7. Phone # 647-834-3292
Area 3 prayer meeting at the residence of George Abraham (Shaji& Susan) on Sunday, August 18 at 5 pm. Their address is 62 Grosbeak Crescent, Scarborough, ON M1X 1X7. Phone No. 416-299-9417
Area 5 prayer meeting at the residence of Thomas K John (Thomaskutty& Jessy) on Saturday, August 17 at 6:30 pm. Their address is 92 Wolf Trail Crescent, Richmond Hill, ON L4E 4J7. Phone No: 905-780-8014
An invitation from our former Vicar, Rev. Dr. Mathew M Thomas (attached)
Annual Church Picnic:
Pre-registration counters will continue to stay open outside in the foyer until August 18. Coordinating team and your Prayer Group Area Representatives are at the desk to assist you pre-register for the picnic. Please pick your tickets today. This will help us to better organize and plan the picnic. Revised Registration costs as follows:
Senior Couples only $15
We appreciate your full participation and assistance. For questions or clarifications, please contact the coordinators, Shiju Mathew, Brianna Varghese and Kuber George.
Youth Fellowship Announcement:
1. Youth Fellowship Prayer Meeting on August 25that 5:00 pm at the residence of Brianna & Brendan Varghese; 21 Trainor Court, Nobleton, ON, L0G 1N0. Phone No. 905-713-2575
2. The CMTC Youth group is inviting you all to SWAAD (Click here): a taste of India, a fundraising event for the upcoming Regional Youth Conference in 2020. The event will take place on Sunday, August 25th, immediately after the Holy Communion service. There will be food stations featuring authentic foods from Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Goa, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala. We are looking for volunteers to help bring flavours to these states by using their culinary skills. Tickets are now available for sale - family tickets for $50 and single tickets for $15. For those who are interested in cooking, providing sponsorship, or if you have any questions, please contact Riya Thomas or ManeeshaThomas.
Harvest Festival & The Canadian Mar Thoma Church Carnival to take place on Sunday, September 1.
· An elaborate festival and celebration, the first ever in the history of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church.
· We are planning to have games, activities, auctions, garage sale, raffle draw and lots more for the whole family.
· Cultural programsand performances are being planned by the Sunday School, Youth Fellowship, Seniors Fellowship, SevikaSangham, YuvajanaSakhyam, Edavaka Mission and the Choir.
· If you would like to showcase your God-given talents as a group or solo act, please contact Robin Thomas, Kuber George, Haris George and ManojKompithrato register for the same.
· This event is open to all and open to the public. So, you are encouraged to invite your friends and families to this mega celebration. There will be authentic food stalls and other stalls for games & activities.
· Time toenjoy a beautiful afternoon in fellowship with family and friends.
· Registration tickets free of cost will be available starting August 18.
· We are also organizing a “Free BBQ for all” @ 4 pm.
· Please bring change of clothes to change into to enjoythe afternoon.
· Each family is encouraged to bring one item towards the Harvest Festival. This can be baked, bought or grown in your backyard – a way to express our gratefulness to the Lord. Your area representatives will call and coordinate with you.
· Your full participation and assistance is greatly appreciated to make this a blessed event.
Edavaka Mission Announcement:
Edavaka Mission Bible Study on Friday, August 16@ 7:30 pm, at the church.
Fasting Prayer meeting on Wednesday, August 14 @ 10 am, at the church.
Notice of YuvajanaSakhyam General Body Meeting on Sunday 25th August 2019:
Notice is hereby given that the YuvajanaSakhyam General Body meeting will be conducted at 12pm (right after Qurbana) on Sunday August 25th at the Canadian Mar Thoma Church Toronto, 159 Sandiford Drive, Whitchurch Stouffville ON L4A 0Y2, to transact the following agenda.
1. Elect a representative to the Church Building Construction Committee
2. Any Other Business with the permission of the Chair
President Rev. Sunil Mathew will preside the meeting. You are encouraged and expected to attend the meeting prayerfully.
Signed, LIJO MATHAI
Special announcement from our Thattukada coordinators Johnson Jacob and Rony Varghese
Thattukada- (Kerala’s local version of fast-food), associated with numerous nostalgic memories. 4-wheel carts with kerosene lamp, fresh banana bunches hanging…a large wok, steaming milk and boiling water……impatient customers, incessant honking of passerby traffic and if this doesn’t rake up memories I don’t know what else does.. so, let’s reminiscence on this and have one in our own backyard.
YuvajanaSakhyam would like to welcome all of you to our Canadian Tattukada , during our Annual Church Picnic complete with made-to-order dosa, omelette, chutney served up sizzling hot…with a generous serving of sambar and chutney. This year we have one more delightful item on the menu ‘kappa biryani or kappa erachi as its commonly called in someplaces…..
We will also be serving up a summer fizzy drink that has taken the internet by storm over past few months... FULJAR soda, a quirky drink with huge fans following..COME ONE…COME ALL - try it at our tattukada...you will keep coming back for more!!! And for the not so experimental, we also have our humble mooruvellom .
Please note - thattukada will open @9 am
Special announcement from the Cultural Feast Convenor, Shiju Mathew
YuvajanaSakhyam and Young Families are arranging a Cultural Feast on September 8 after the church service.
The Food will include:Rice, Sambar,Parippu Curry,pulissery, Aviyal,Inchicurry,pachadi,Pickle, Pappadam,Ada pradhaman,Thoran,Olan,Kalan,Erissery,uppery,Sarkarapuratty.
The Cost for this delicious food would be:
Individuals : $15.00/person
Pre-registration is required to get your coupons and the deadline for registration is open until September 1.Please feel free to contact YuvajanaSakhyam representatives to register your name.Come and Enjoy the 2019 Cultural Feast
YuvajanaSakhyam is conducting an entertainment program on Saturday, October 5th.
Venue:Brebeuf High School Auditorium
Our very talented artists will be performing in this program.
There will be dancing, singing, comedy skits and so many other performances.
Please block your dates!!
Philip Alex and Johnson Jacob
Monthly prayer meeting on Saturday, August 17 from 10 am to 12 noon @ the church. All SevikaSangham members are encouraged to attend.
Joint SevikaSangham Retreat is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 14 at the Canadian Marthoma Church from 9:30am (Click here). Day to be filled with spiritual encouragement, Praise and Worship and Devotion. Along with this we also have Rev. Ajit Varghese who will talk to us about “Coping with Stress” and last but not least “Tips/Information” about Ayurveda by Dr. Lincy Benjamin. Come out and be part of 2019 Retreat.For Additional information feel free to reach out to Julie Varghese @ 905-713-2575
Senior Fellowship Announcement:
Senior Fellowship picnic is taking place on Tuesday, August 13 at the Miliken Park, Scarborough. This is open to all members. As announced earlier, entrance to the park and parking is FREE. If you are interested, please contact Senior Fellowship Coordinator, Mathew C Samuel, Samuel Pappy or Sunil Achen.
Malayalam Classes:All those who have registered and those who wish to register, are requested to make their way to the basement soon after the announcements.
KCEF is getting ready for the next event -Rev.Dr.P.K. Mathew Memorial Bible Quiz Competition, scheduled to be held on Sept 21
Time and Venue will be announced later .
Isaiah Chapters 1-33 &St.John's Gospel
These are the reference bibles prescribed for this competition.
Answers from other versions will not be acceptable.
3.Language to answer can be in Malayalam or English
4.Sept 10th will be the deadline for registration
5.Up to 3 participants can represent each church
Should you have any queries,don’t hesitate to contact me or any other Executive Committee members
Thanking you all,
Signed, Sujith Abraham, KCEF Secretary
Note from the Diocesan Council Member:
Messenger Magazine is available with Alexander P Alexander. Please collect your copy today.
Note from the Trustees:
Half yearly contribution list is posted on the notice board, in the foyer.
Floral Arrangement: The floral arrangement in the madbaha sponsored by Mrs. Annamma Mathews.
Snacks: Is being provided by George Abraham and family (Shaji& Susan)
Thank you and have a blessed week.