Announcements for Sunday, June 16, 2019
Next Sunday, June 23, 2019, Holy Communion Service in Malayalam @ 10.00 am. Please note the change, this otherwise would have been an English Service.
Service is led by Rev. Moncy Varghese Achen, Vicar of the St. Mathews Mar Thoma Church. Common Session at 9:30 am.
Same holds good for Sunday, June 30, 2019 – we will have Holy Communion Service in English, which would otherwise be Malayalam. This Holy Communion Service in English will be led by Rev. Abraham Kuruvilla Achen from the St Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Philadelphia.
Area 5 Prayer meeting at the residence of Mr. Thomas Oommen (Sam & Deepali) on June 22nd at 3pm. Their address is: 1 Sherwood Glen, Holland Landing, East Gwillimbury ON L9N1R3. Please attend prayerfully.
Sunday school Announcements:
Sunday School General Body Notice.
A General Body meeting of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church Sunday School will be held at 1.30 pm on Sunday June 23, 2019 after the Holy Communion service at, 159 Sandiford Drive, Whitchurch-Stouffville, to transact the following agenda.
1. Decision to close Sunday School Bank account in TD Canada Trust and merge with the church Bank Account.
2. Any Other Business, with the permission of the Chair.
- Sunday School Appreciation Day is scheduled for Sunday June 23rd, immediately after the Holy Communion Service. An outdoor play area is being set up, for the students in the North parking lot, of our church. Games, food and lots of fun activities are being arranged. All Sunday school students, teachers and volunteers are encouraged and expected to be part of this Sunday school event. We are looking for sponsors for prizes to give away. Please contact the Coordinators, Tom Kalampukattu, Sunday School Office Bearers, if you wish to do so.
- Vacation Bible School for our Sunday school students, will be held from Friday, June 28 to Monday, July 1. Registration forms will be available today. Also, this can be downloaded from our church website. Please register your names by Sunday June 23rd. The Director for this years VBS and the main talk will be led by Rev. Abraham Kuruvilla Achen from the St Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Philadelphia. Coordinators Thomas Chacko and Elizabeth Thomas will provide more details at the end of this announcements.
- Diocesan Examination Paper Evaluation: All Sunday school teachers are encouraged and expected to be present for the Diocesan Examination Paper Evaluations taking place at the Canadian Mar Thoma Church at 9 am on Saturday, June 22. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Youth Fellowship Announcement:
Congratulations to the Toronto Raptors for becoming the 2019 NBA champions!
If you would like a shot at becoming the next basketball champion, we, the Youth Fellowship of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church invite you to our inaugural 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament.
The details are as follows:
Date: July 13, 2019 from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Venue: Stouffville District Secondary School, 801 Hoover Park Drive (right beside our church)
Price: $20 per player and $10 per spectator
You can register as a team or as an individual player!
There will be 2 divisions: The Junior division will be ages 13 to 16. The Senior division will be ages 17 to 45
Registrations are done online at the link – bit.ly/cmtc3on3
The tournament is open to anyone and ALL so invite your friends from school, work or neighborhood!
Lunch will be served to all REGISTRANTS, Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each division!
For more info: go to our website – bit.ly/cmtc3on3 or email – email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
- There will be a youth fellowship prayer meeting at the residence of Nikki Anne George on June 30th at 6:00 pm. Her address is 67 Janray Dr., Scarborough, ON, M1G 1Y5.
Yuvajana Sakhyam Announcement:
It has been decided to keep our monthly Cottage Prayer Meeting for this month at our parsonage on Sunday 23rd June at 7pm. Address: 159 Sandiford Dr, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON L4A 0Y2. The Cottage Prayer Meeting would be only for 1 hour. This is a time for us to socialize and get to know each one better in Christ. Please do make time to attend our cottage fellowship prayer meeting.
- The Choir had organized and arranged an Evening of Music that was held last evening, June 15 based on the theme – Unchanging Grace, featuring both English & Malayalam choirs, Toronto Male Voices, Ignite praise and worship team and the Sunday School Children's Choir. It was a blessed event for all in attendance.
- The Canadian Mar Thoma Church Choir would like to extend an invitation to ALL members of our parish for an Instrumentalist audition. This audition is open to all members of our church and will be conducted on July 6th, 2019 at 11:30 am. All those interested are asked to give their name in to our Choir Secretary or Choir Leaders. The registration forms are available in the foyer. We are looking for a variety of instruments, so feel free to sign up! All contestants are required to play a two-minute piece.
Edavaka Mission Announcement:
Bible Study meeting at the church, on Friday, June 21 at 7:30 pm
The Trivia for June and the answer key for May is uploaded. If you wish to sponsor winner's prize for the trivia/bible quiz, please contact Sunil Achen or Alexander Philip, Edavaka Mission Secretary – requesting only $50. If you have difficulty accessing the link, and would like a printout, please contact Edavaka Mission Secretary.
- Fasting Prayer meeting on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 10 am at the church.
- Friendly Reminder – as per last week’s announcement, the first program of the year organized by the Kerala Christian Ecumenical Fellowship - St.Thomas Day 2019 is being held on July 20 at 6 pm. Youths and Sunday school Children are encouraged to participate and showcase their talents. Each church will be given 10 minutes to perform and 2 minutes for the stage preparation. Program participation should be confirmed by July 8th. Every church is expected to send minimum of 5 volunteers to help out at the event. Anybody over the age of 15 could be a volunteer. High school students will be given up to 6hrs of volunteer hours for their volunteer efforts. Please encourage to make use of this opportunity .
- Rev. Dr. P. K. Mathew Memorial Quiz Competition -2019 will be held on Saturday September 21,2019. Topic for this year Isaiah 1-33 chapters & St. John's Gospel -Full book
- Floral Arrangement in the madbaha is sponsored by Dr. Bapu Cherian & family (Bapu & Jessy)
- Snacks is provided by one of our members. Please participate in the same.