Announcements for Sunday, March 25, 2018
Kalpana from Rt. Rev. Dr. Mathews Mar Makarios Episcopa
1. Maundy Thursday, 29 th March, we will have Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 7:00 PM.
2. Good Friday, 30 March, Good Friday service starts at 9:00 AM
3. Next Sunday, April 1 st, we will have the Easter Holy Communion service in English at 9:00 AM.
Please note Good Friday and Easter services starts at 9:00 AM
We will have Sandhya Namaskaram on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:30 PM at the church.
Notice of General Body meeting
Notice is hereby given that a General Body meeting of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church, Toronto is scheduled to be held on Sunday, March 25, 2018 after the Holy Communion service, at the church at 159 Sandiford Drive, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario, L4A 0G4 to transact the following agenda.
President Rev. Shibu Samuel will preside over the meeting. All Edavaka Sangham (general body) members are requested to attend this meeting.
1. To present and approve the Annual Report for 2017.
2. To present the Internal Auditor’s report
3. To present and approve the “Over the Budget” expenditure for 2017.
4. To present and approve the audited Statement of Financial Position as of December 31, 2017 and Statement of Operations for the year 2017.
5. To present and approve the Budget for 2018
6. To appoint External Auditor for 2018.
7. To present and approve resolutions
a. Change of address.
b. Rental of church facilities
c. Formation of a Property Management / Maintenance committee
d. Increase of subscription
Note: Edavaka Sangham members who wish to make any queries about the Annual Report and Statement of Financial Position may do so in writing to the Vicar on or before 4 PM on Friday, March 23, 2018. Maximum of two questions are allowed for a member.
For and on behalf of the Executive Committee,
Mathew Varughese Markham, ON
Secretary March 10, 2018
Sunday School announcement
Easter- food collection drive by our Sunday School, started last Sunday, March 18th and will end on Easter Sunday, April 01. Please donate at least one item as mentioned in the flyer displayed near the information desk.
There will not be any Sunday School class on Easter Sunday ( 01 April 2018)
Sunday School Secretary
Edavaka Mission announcement
Today, March 25th, we will have the Lent prayer at the Church at 7:00pm.
Edavaka Mission Secretary.
New Parasyaradhanakramam & Song books
We have ordered and received 100 copies of Parasyaradhankramam with hymns and 250 copies of Kristeeya Geethangal with English transliteration and English Songs of Praise. These books are on sale starting today at $10.00/copy.
Area representatives are requested to purchase minimum 20 copies each of the Customised Kristeeya Geethangal for their area prayer groups.
All sub-organization are also requested to purchase enough number of copies for their own purpose.
As we have only very limited number of Malayalam parasyaradhanakram in the sanctuary, you may purchase and donate these books to the church.
Your participation and support is necessary to recuperate the cost of importing these books from CSS Book shop, Thiruvalla.