Announcements for Sunday, Feb 25, 2018
Next Sunday, March 4, 2018, will be celebrated as Diocesan Sunday. We will have Praise & Worship service at 9:00 AM followed by Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 9:30 AM.
Rev. Moncy Varghese from St. Mathews Mar Thoma church will lead the service. As read in the Kalpana last week. we are expected to remit $4860.00 as diocesan Sunday collection. Request everyone to contribute generously.
Sunday School announcement
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Body Meeting of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church Sunday School will be held on Sunday, Feb 25th, 2018 in the church, 159 Sandiford Drive, Whitchurch- Stouffville, after Sunday School Classes to transact the following agenda.
· To present and approve the Annual Report for 2017
· To present and approve the Statement of Audited Income and Expenditure for 2017
· To present and approve the Budget for 2018
· Election of Sunday School Office Bearers for 2018
o Treasurer and
Elizabeth Varghese, SS Secretary
Sevika sanghom announcement
1. There will be a Canadian Marthoma Church Sevika sanghom meeting held on today after the holy communion service to discuss programs for 2018, All Sevika sanghom members are requested to attend.
2. World prayer day, we will have a short program on Sunday, March 18 th right after communion service to commemorate world prayer day. Everyone is welcome.
Sevika sanghom secretary
Mr. K.S. Abraham (73 years), Kuruppasseril, Neerettupuram, father of our member Mrs. Linitha Abraham (Bijish & Linitha), passed away this week.
Linitha and kids are in India with the family. Funeral services are yet to be finalized.
Please uphold the bereaving family members in your prayers.
Summary of collections for Elbin Sunny Funeral
For your information- we have collected and donated $1320 towards the funeral expenses of Elbin Sunny, whose body was taken to India last month.
Thank you George Mathai for leading the effort for the collection.