Announcements for Sunday, Feb 4, 2018
Next Sunday, February 11, 2018, we will have Praise & Worship service at 9:00 AM followed by Holy Communion service in English at 9:30 AM.
1. An area 3 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Varghese Olipattu (Georgekutty & Aleyamma) on Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 4:00 PM. Area 3 representative to the Executive Committee will be elected at this meeting.
2. An area 6 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Rajan C George (Rajan & Jiji) on Sunday Feb 11 th at 6:00 PM. Area 6 representative to the Executive Committee will be elected at this meeting.
Edavaka Mission announcement
1. Next Edavaka Mission prayer meeting will be held on Friday, Feb 9, 2018 at 7:30 PM at the church. Request all Edavaka Mission members to come and participate in the meeting.
2. The Edavaka Mission Annual General Body Meeting for the year 2017 will be conducted on Friday, February 16th 2018 at 7.30 PM at the church. All Edavaka Mission Members are requested to attend the meeting.
1. Present and approve the Annual Report and Accounts
2. Present and approve budget for the year 2018
3. Elect Office Bearers, Area Representatives and Auditor for the year 2018
4. Any Other Matters with the permission of the Chair.
Cherian Abraham , Edavaka Mission Secretary
1. The Canadian Mar Thoma Church choir is planning to have an audition for incorporating new members into the existing English and Malayalam choirs. Those who turn 12 years and above in this calendar year, please submit your names to either the Choir Secretary or the Vicar, Rev Shibu Samuel by February 4, 2018.
Songs selected for the audition
Malayalam Song: Kristheeya Keerthanagal: #182 JEEVITHA YAATHRAKKAARA
And any other song of your choice from the Kristheeya Keerthanagal
English Song: Songs of Praise: #100, Sweet hour of Prayer
And any other song of your choice from the Songs of Praise.
Those who wish to join both the choirs, please note that you have to sing both the songs.
Dr. Bapu Cherian, Choir Secretary
Yuvajana Sakyam announcement
Notice is here by given that the Annual General Body Meeting of the Canadian Mar Thoma church Yuvaja Sakyam will be held on Sunday Feb 4th, 2018 at the church, 169 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville immediately after service to transact the following agenda.
To present and approve the Annual Report for 2017
To present and approve the Statement of Audited Income and Expenditure for 2017
To present and approve the Budget for 2018
Election of YS Committee Members for 2018 (Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Area Representatives from area 1- 6)
Election of two Auditors
All Yuvaja Sakyam members are encouraged to attend and participate in the meeting.
Yuvajana Sakyam Secretary
Sevika Sanghom announcement
Annual General Body meeting
The Annual General Body Meeting of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church Sevika Sanghom will be held on 11th of February 2018 immediately after the Holy Communion Service to transact the following Agenda:
1. Annual Report for the year 2017
2. Audited statement of Accounts for the year 2017
3. Annual Budget for the year 2018
4. Election of office bearers for the year 2018
5. Any other business with the permission of the chair.
The meeting will be presided over by the Vicar and President, Rev. Shibu Samuel. All Sevika Sanghom members are requested to attend.
Shiney Mani, Sevika sanghom Secretary
Youth Fellowship announcement
As announced earlier, Youth fellowship is holding a concert- Ignite: Lighted to Lighten on February 17 th at our church, a night of songs and skits showcasing many talents of our young people. The concert will include special part where kids from grades 4-6 can participate with song/dance. Kids who want to participate, contact Nikki George or Nithin Thonichalil. Practice for the concert is every Saturday and Sunday and attendance is mandatory.
Tickets are now available for purchase at the information desk at $15 for Individuals and $35 for families of 3 or more.
Request your support and encouragement for the program.