Announcements for Sunday, Nov 5, 2017
Next Sunday, Nov 12 th will be celebrated as the World Sunday School day and we will have Praise & Worship service at 9:00 AM followed by Holy Communion service in English at 9:30 AM.
1. An area 5 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr. Abraham Varghese today at 6:00 PM. Address: 153 Tower Road, Richmond Hill. Tel: 905-884-4614
2. An area 1 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr. Abraham T. George (Shaju & Annie) on Nov 11, Saturday at 5:30 PM. Address: 19 Abraham Court, Ajax. Tel: 905-683-4295
Sunday School announcement
1. World Sunday School Day will be celebrated in our church on November 12th, 2017. Our Sunday School will assist in the worship service. There will be a special WSSD program organized by our Sunday School following the church service. All Students and Teachers
are requested to participate. WSSD offertory envelopes will be available.
2. Kids helping Kids is a Diocese initiated project where each child is encouraged to contribute an offertory of $1 . All proceeds will be sent to the Diocese to help the needy children and to give Christmas gifts to children in Mexico during Mexico mission. Deadline for this project is end of November.
Sunday School Secretary
Edavaka Mission announcement
We will have our next Edavaka Mission prayer meeting on coming Friday at 7:30 PM at the church.
Souvenir Committee announcement
Those who haven't done so far, please make the commitment for the souvenir and send the matter to be included in the souvenir ASAP to the email cmtc.souvenir @gmail.com - latest by November 30, 2017."
Christmas House-to-House caroling
This year’s house-to-house Christmas caroling will start on 24 Nov and will run through to Dec 22 nd. This year we are planning house caroling on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Mr. Alexander P. Alexander and Mr. George Mathai are the coordinators for the caroling. All area representatives are requested to assist the coordinators with scheduling the caroling.
The Edavaka Sangham Register List 2017-18
Updated Edavaka Sangham list (voters list) of the Canadian Mar Thoma church for the year 2017-2018 has been published and posted on the notice board. Objection if any, to this list, shall be given in writing to the Vicar by the respective member within 10 days of publication and the Vicar shall consider the objection and decide the same and proceed to take appropriate follow-up action thereon.
Any person eligible for membership in Edavaka Sangham whose name is not included in the Edavaka Sangham register may present a special application to the Vicar for inclusion of his/her name in the register within ten days of publication.
Yours in Christ’s ministry,
Rev. Shibu samuel
Nov 5, 2017
A baby girl was born to Mr. Pravin Chacko and Mrs. Simi Ninan Chacko on Oct 30, 2017. Congratulations to the proud parents and grandparents Mr. Chacko Philipose and Mrs. Alice Philipose.
The DVDs containing the consecration ceremony and the First Communicant / Holy Communion service on the Oct 22 nd are going to be released now. Inviting Mr. Alexander P. Alexander to come forward and make announcement.
1. Absolutely no food or drink are allowed in the sanctuary.
2. As announced earlier, request no shoes be worn inside the sanctuary.