Announcements for Sunday, Sept 10, 2017
Next Sunday, Sep 17 th, we will have Praise & worship service at 9:00 AM followed by Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 9:30 AM. Please note, next Sunday will be celebrated as Senior Citizen Sunday. Rev. Denny Philip, Diocesan secretary will be with us and lead the services.
Sunday School announcement
Sunday School Anniversary will be held today, September 10th, 2017 after the Holy Communion service. The Talent show awards will be presented during the Anniversary program. All Students, teachers and parents are encouraged to be present for this program.
Elizabeth Varghese, SS Secretary _________________________________________________________________________
1. An area 4 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr. Biji V Thomas (Biji & Suja) on Saturday, Sept 16 th at 6:00 PM. Address: 6 Robertdale Court, Stouffville. Phone: 647-239-0599
2. An area 2 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr. Icy George (Icy & Mini) on Sunday, Sept 17 th at 5:00 PM. Address: 5 Eden Mills Drive, Scarborough
Edavaka Mission announcement
Next Edavaka Mission prayer meeting is scheduled for this Friday at 7:30 PM at the church.
Cheian Abraham, EM Secretary
Senior Fellowship announcement
Senior Fellowship prayer meeting will be held this Thursday, Sept 14 at 11:00 AM at the church.
Sevika sangham announcement
1. Sevika Sangham retreat
The Sevika sangham reterat was held yesterday at our church and it was a great success. We thank all those who participated and helped to make it a blessed event.
2. Sevika Sangham subscription
we would like to request all Sevika sangham members to give the subscription for this year. All women above the age of 18 years are members of sevika Sangham. Please give your checks to your area representative.
3. As announced earlier, Sevika Sangham is requesting sponsorship from all parishioners to raise funds for furnishing the new parsonage We request your whole-hearted participation in this fund raising.
Sevika sanghom secretary
Parish merit award
Students from this parish who have completed their high school graduation this year are invited to apply for the Canadian Mar Thoma Church general merit award. Student who win the award will be given a plaque and a certificate. Submit your application along with the Ontario student transcripts to Achen on or before 4:00 PM, 1 st of October 2017.
Student who obtain the maximum score based on the following criteria will be selected for the award.
1. Average score of top six courses in the school year. (70 Points)
2. Marthoma Church involvement (20 points)
3. Community involvement (5 points)
4. School involvement. (5 points)
Total score is 100 points.
Finance Committee – Onam Sadya
Remember that Onam Sadya organized by the Finance committee will be held today evening at 6.30 Pm. Please remember to bring your tickets. For additional details, please contact Alexander V John(Jiji) or George Mathew Madakal (Kochumon).