Announcements for Sunday, June 25, 2017
Next Sunday, July 2 nd we will have Praise & worship service at 9:00 AM followed by Holy communion service in Malayalam at 9:30 AM
Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Mar Thoma Metropolitan is visiting our parish from July 4 th Tuesday through July 10 th Monday. A prayer / New church sanctuary entrance door blessing ceremony is planned for July 8 th Saturday at 3:00 PM. All are requested to attend the ceremony.
Our Metropolitan will be chief guest for the 2017 Parish Day to be celebrated on July 9 th Sunday after the holy communion service. A reception for Rev. Moncy Varghese, Vicar of the St. Mathews Mar Thoma Church will also be held during the parish day meeting. All members are requested to attend the parish day celebrations.
1. We will have fasting prayer meeting at the church on Wednesday at 10:00 AM.
Sunday School announcement
1. This year VBS will be held on July 7th, 8th and 9th from 9 am to 4 pm. The theme for this year VBS is "Operation Arctic". Students from Nursery to Grade 12 are encouraged to attend this event. Please submit your registration forms latest by July 2nd 2017. Registration fees, $ 30 per student, $ 15 for teachers and volunteers. Jessy Cherian is the coordinator of this event.
2. There will be a meeting of the VBS teachers and volunteers today after the
3. If anybody is interested in teaching Sunday School for the academic year 2017-2018 should contact Achen and give their names at the earliest.
4. The talent show competition 2017 final results are published and posted on the notice board in the basement.
Sunday School Secretary
Diocesan Senior Fellowship National Conference 2017
The 4th Diocesan National Senior Fellowship Conference of the Diocese of North America and Europe will be held from September 20-23, 2017 at Mar Thoma Church of Dallas Famers Branch. Registration form can be downloaded or you may register through web site: www.mtcfb.org . Conference fee: US $ 100.00 per person. Additional details are available with Cherian Samuel.
Sevika Sanghom announcement
A Sevika Sanghom prayer meeting for area 5 & 6 will be held this Wednesday, June 28 th at 7:30 PM at the residence of Blaisy Sam, 605 Finch Ave West, Apt # 1524, North York. All sevika Sanghom members from area 5 & 6 are requested to attend the meeting.
Sevika Sangham secretary
YuvaJana Sakyam announcement- Blood Donation
The Youth group and Yuvajana Sakyam are attempting to organize a Blood Donor Clinic in support of the Canada Blood Services. We implore you all to kindly participate in this venture as it is our duty to contribute to the society we live in.
Those who are interested in donating blood, kindly sign up with Youth members or Yuvajana Sakyam members who will be setting up registration counters at the church this week and next week. If we have participation of 50 or more people , we can request the Canadian blood service to provide transportion to the donation camp venue. Tentatively we are planning the event for mid-July, actual date will be announced.
Expect everyone’s cooperation.
Yuvajana Sakyam Secretary
We are planning to publish the next quarterly church bulletin next week. Those who are interested in conducting prayer meetings during the next quarter, you are requested to book the date with Achen and inform your area committee member. All prayer meetings for the quarter should be booked by today to be included in the next bulletin.
New Church Fund
We are in need of substantial amount of money this month for the project to continue without disruption. In order to raise the fund that is needed immediately, church representatives will be contacting you and your wholehearted support is requested.
We had very successful parish convention this year with good participation of our members as well as many people from our sister churches. We were fortunate to hear from the world renowned Dr. Samuel Kamalesan on all three days. Thanks to Rev. Moncy Varghese, Rev. Jacob Antony and Rev. George Jacob and all those who participated in the meetings. Special thanks to Pastor David Duraisamy for his assistance in bringing Dr. Kamalesan to our convention. On behalf of the parish, I want express to our sincere gratitude to Dr. Kamalesan for accepting our invitation and delivering the inspiring messages on all three days. Thank you.
Publication of Bann on behalf of Achen
1. Christopher Samuel, son of Jacob & Susan Samuel, 27 Kimbark Cres, Markham, ON, a member of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church, will be wed, God willing to, Ann Alexander, daughter of Mathew & Aleyamma Alexander, 9926 Farralone Ave, Chatsworth, CA, a member of the St. Mary’s Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, on July 1, 2017 at Tyndale Chapel, North York., ON.
If there are any ecclesiastical or legal impediments concerning the afore mentioned, concerns must be raised in writing to the Vicar on or before 5 PM on Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Note from the Trustees
An updated New Church Fund contribution list as of June 24,2017 is posted on the notice board. The list contains summary of contributions from 2005 up till now. Please review the list and let us know if there are any discrepancies.