Announcements for Sunday, June 11, 2017
Kalpana from the Diocesan bishop – DC/572/17
Next Sunday, June 18 th we will have Praise & worship service at 9:00 AM followed by Holy communion service in Malayalam at 9:30 AM
1. We will have fasting prayer meeting at the church on Wednesday at 10:00 AM.
Sunday School announcement
1. The 2017 Talent show competition was held yesterday in our church . We had 44 students participating in various categories show casing their God given talents. Sincere thanks to Achen and Kochamma for their guidance and support, to all the teachers , parents , Students , Judges and volunteers who helped to make this program a huge success . Special thanks to Alexander Philip the coordinator of the event who worked very hard to make this event a huge success.
2. This year VBS will be held on July 7th, 8th and 9th from 9 am to 4 pm. The theme for this year VBS is Operation Arctic. Students from Nursery to Grade 12 are encouraged to attend this event. Registration forms will be distributed today in the basement and the foyer. Please submit your registration forms latest by July 2nd 2017. Registration fees, $ 30 per student, $ 15 for teachers and volunteers. Jessy Cherian is the coordinator of this event.
Sunday School Secretary
Sevika Sanghom nnouncement
1. As announced earlier,we are having the family dinner on Saturday, June 17th at church. Thanks to all those who have purchased the tickets. The event will be starting at 6PM.
2. Sevika Sangham is requesting sponsorship from all parishioners to raise funds for furnishing the new parsonage at 159 Sandiford drive, whitchurch Stoufville. An itemized list of furniture needed with the approximate price, has been prepared in consultation with the trustees. This includes furniture for the four bedrooms and office room, appliances for kitchen, washer/dryer and window coverings.The list will be emailed to all members by the Sevika Sangham area representatives. Members can participate by donating the amount needed to buy one or more items on the list. Area representatives will be contacting you in the coming weeks for your support.
We request your whole-hearted participation in this fund raising.
Sevika Sangham secretary
YuvaJana Sakyam announcement
A prayer meeting for the Young Couples and Yuvajana sakyam members will be held today after the Holy communion service. Please come to the Sunday School room in the basement.
Our Annual convention will be held from 23 June Friday – 25 June Sunday. World renowned Rev. Dr. Sam Kamalesan will be the main speaker. Request everyone’s prayer, support and participation. Publicize this event to your family and friends and canvass maximum attendance for the convention.
We are planning to publish the next quarterly church bulletin by end of this month. If you are interested in assisting Achen during the worship service, or participate in Bible Reading or collecting Offertory, please give your names to the lay ministrants Mr. Varghese Olipattu for Malayalam and Mr. Jino Thomas for English.
Those who are interested in conducting prayer meetings during the next quarter, you are requested to book the date with Achen and inform your area committee member. All prayer meetings for the quarter should be booked on or before 25 June 2017 to be included in the next bulletin.
Mr. P.T. Mathew, 73 years, brother of our member Mr. P.T. Philip and uncle of our members Rachel Mathew, Susan Abraham & Jessy John passed away in Ayroor, Kerala.
Let us uphold the bereaved family members in our prayers.
Publication of Bann on behalf of Achen
1. Christopher Samuel, son of Jacob & Susan Samuel, 27 Kimbark Cres, Markham, ON, a member of the Canadian Mar Thoma Church, will be wed, God willing to, Ann Alexander, daughter of Mathew & Aleyamma Alexander, 9926 Farralone Ave, Chatsworth, CA, a member of the St. Mary’s Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, on July 1, 2017 at Tyndale Chapel, North York., ON.
If there are any ecclesiastical or legal impediments concerning the afore mentioned, concerns must be raised in writing to the Vicar on or before 5 PM on Sunday, July 25, 2017.